iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the wheels on my baby bbs rs715

Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Enkei Rpf1 17x7 et45 Click image for larger version

Name:	enkei.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	7173623

Comment

17x7.5 ET38

E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
        E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
        E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

What size tires do you run? Any issues with rubbing?
          AWD > RWD

Comment

So I'm thinking of 16x8 et35 with 225/45/16 should work pretty good? Maybe a little spacer in the for the front caliper?

Comment

VW 14x6 4x100 ET45 but they super slightly rubbed the tie-rod end when the car was on the lift but only when rolling backward.

turbodiesel.com says they are called "VW flying wheels"

They are 16lb 4oz so they are great for snows. We tried to sell them but eventually put them on a saturn SL1 for the winter. Oh yea, Saturn 14" steelies fit the e30.

FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
              Saab/GM tech2 programming
              My for sale thread
              1990 325iX for sale or part out
              Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
              And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                What size tires do you run? Any issues with rubbing?
                Me? The car is still on stands haha so i dont know but it looks ok :)
                E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
                E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
                E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Originally posted by slc325ix View Post
                  So I'm thinking of 16x8 et35 with 225/45/16 should work pretty good? Maybe a little spacer in the for the front caliper?
                  everyone thinks you need spacers for the caliper. the brake spacing on an ix and a regular E30 is exactly the same, because they are the same brakes. the higher offset means the wheel fits CLOSER to the center of the car than a lower offset wheel.

The reason you'd use a spacer is if the tires were rubbing on the struts, or if the wheel design is such that it won't clear E30 brakes (but since they are so small, that's not too likely).
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    everyone thinks you need spacers for the caliper. the brake spacing on an ix and a regular E30 is exactly the same, because they are the same brakes. the higher offset means the wheel fits CLOSER to the center of the car than a lower offset wheel.

The reason you'd use a spacer is if the tires were rubbing on the struts, or if the wheel design is such that it won't clear E30 brakes (but since they are so small, that's not too likely).
                    They should work then? No rolling or trimming of the flares? Would 225/50/16 look too big and not fit? There's more available tires in that size. Thanks for the info.

Comment

225/50 will proably not work. 225/45 should, but you'll have to check strut clearance. a 3mm spacer would give you breathing room and you shouldn't need longer bolts, although I always recommend studs instead.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        225/50 will proably not work. 225/45 should, but you'll have to check strut clearance. a 3mm spacer would give you breathing room and you shouldn't need longer bolts, although I always recommend studs instead.
                        Thanks for the help.

Comment

Would a 225/50r15 fit without rubbing on the stock ix wheel? Or would a 225/55r15 fit better I just want a little wider tires if possible.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

225/55 is too tall. 225/50 is the right diameter. Whether it clears the struts or not is dependent on the specific tire, some run a little wider than others.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

So I could just run a small spacer In which case it does not clear the strut, correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X