Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was discussed to shut it down years ago, actually.

So far everyone is in agreement that the time has come. James hasn't weighed in yet, obviously.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
      It has zero to do with me not being able to handle it; it's that it's nothing but a shitshow in here. I've been letting a lot of things slide in here in the interest of simply not interfering with the discussions, so maybe a more itchy trigger finger will get the point across...?

Refer to my mole comment above.

Because for those eight years, despite some of the usual suspects flinging poo at each other (as they always have), there were some semi-intelligent discussions taking place. Now it's degraded to the point where it serves no purpose other than allowing keyboard warriors - most of whom don't even own an E30 - to beat the drums of their beliefs and opinions ad nauseam.

Refer to the sticky post at the top of this subforum; emphasis mine:

* I have admittedly not been following through on this, though I suppose it's time I did.
      You're a MODERATOR not a judge. Shutting this forum down is above your pay grade. I honestly don't even know why you take this so seriously when the shit talkers themselves don't. If people want to flame then let them so long as it doesn't turn violent or discriminatory. An occasional fuck you is ok in my book. If you can't handle it here then you can resign. I just don't even get why you think it's even your place to suggest shutting this place down.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        ^This.

It's much more roaring 20's than the Wild West free-for-all it used to be as stated above, a time before you were even here. Seriously, this subforum, and this forum as a whole has become a sleepy backwater hamlet from the days of yore.

It hasn't degraded.

Talking about your itchy trigger finger even more so makes you look like that kid that everyone knew would end up being a cop. Maybe there is some super secret subforum for Moderators to talk in, but I would expect to see a majority of moderators and/or the administrator share their opinions and desires to shutter an active subforum.
        YES this, we all for the most part have toned it back greatly compared to what it was many many moon ago. And that was in the main forums
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          It was discussed to shut it down years ago, actually.

So far everyone is in agreement that the time has come. James hasn't weighed in yet, obviously.
          the original idea (what was it, 10 years ago?) was to sequester/isolate all of this back-and-forth hostility about sociopolitical issues into somewhere that the r3v gen-pop didn't have to see it.

let's be honest.
          we like arguing & fucking with each other.
          if anyone doesn't like the litter box we're all shitting in... stay clear of the smell.
          it's just the fucking internet.
          past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
            the original idea (what was it, 10 years ago?) was to sequester/isolate all of this back-and-forth hostility about sociopolitical issues into somewhere that the r3v gen-pop didn't have to see it.

let's be honest.
            if anyone doesn't like the litter box we're all shitting in... stay clear of the smell.
            This.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

let's be honest.
              “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

getting back on track here

to the various unhinged trump haters here
                apparently Trump was "wire taped"

and before "brave" (which frankly is an odd name for the way he posts here) discounts zero hedge as the source, zero hedge is not the source, there are hyperlinks to the AP story

bottom line

Trump was monitored (taped) during the campaign which should (i won't hold my breath) alarm even the most anti-Trump hater in the crowd. To have the opposing party listen in on your campaign is wrong.
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

it doesn't implicate wiretapping because it explicitly states 'Incidental Surveillance'

it is a lovely side effect of the surveillance state that we live in, which i'm opposed to and always have been. bush created it and obama expanded it.

the NSA sucks up a lot of data and you they target a person, email, account or a particular computer or server. and by monitoring a server you can pick up a lot of data even though you didn't target a particular person.

Comment

and to get back to the original lie:

Earlier this month, Trump claimed in a series of Tweets that former President Barack Obama ordered a wiretap of the phones at Trump Tower — something Nunes reiterated on Wednesday he had no evidence of.
                    Perhaps trump should make accurate, factual statements if he doesn't want to get raked over the coals by the media and corrected by the FBI director.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                      it doesn't implicate wiretapping because it explicitly states 'Incidental Surveillance'

it is a lovely side effect of the surveillance state that we live in, which i'm opposed to and always have been. bush created it and obama expanded it.

the NSA sucks up a lot of data and you they target a person, email, account or a particular computer or server. and by monitoring a server you can pick up a lot of data even though you didn't target a particular person.
                      For all intents and purposes, if the NSA is sucking up a lot of data and my data was not the original target but was included, I am effectively being "wire-tapped." Wire-tapping, in common vernacular can mean the literal act of wire-tapping or it can mean being a target of surveillance.

There is effectively no difference. What the left and media are doing here is parsing language.

EDIT:
                      Last edited by marshallnoise; 03-22-2017, 02:42 PM.
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                        getting back on track here

to the various unhinged trump haters here
                        apparently Trump was "wire taped"

and before "brave" (which frankly is an odd name for the way he posts here) discounts zero hedge as the source, zero hedge is not the source, there are hyperlinks to the AP story

bottom line

Trump was monitored (taped) during the campaign which should (i won't hold my breath) alarm even the most anti-Trump hater in the crowd. To have the opposing party listen in on your campaign is wrong.
                        Hey George, maybe you should actually watch the interview that the article is referring to instead of relying upon a conspiracy theory website to give you it's biased interpretation. Nunes, a Republican, says flat out that there is ZERO EVIDENCE that Trump was wiretapped. ZERO. He says that there was incidental collection, which is an issue but a separate one, of some Trump campaign members. He even says that some of it is legitimate collection of information. Again, ZERO EVIDENCE that Trump was wire tapped.

Comment

he wasn't wire tapped, he was wire taped

it's totes different

they taped wires to him
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                            he wasn't wire tapped, he was wire taped

it's totes different

they taped wires to him
                            somebody got the joke
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) said Thursday that he regrets informing President Trump of surveillance affecting the president’s transition team before he updated his panel.

“It’s a judgement call on my part,” he told reporters when asked why he spoke with Trump and the media before House Intelligence Committee Democrats.

“At the end of the day, sometimes you make the right decision, sometimes you don’t,” Nunes added, noting he could not show the panel information that was given to him by a source.

Nunes declined to disclose his source’s identity when asked if it was the White House.
                              should recuse himself from this investigation for this grade-a fuckup

Comment

Hardly a fuck up. Who cares.
                                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X