No announcement yet.

E30 S54 Swap AC signal input to DME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is an e30, there was no relay. I am adding one.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
      So, my car no longer has a C136, however I found the wire was direct to my S52 ECU, which the C136 is now gone for the S54 ECU. Connect: Red/Black pin 1 from my missing C136 to pin 4 of the CAN Converter box? Pin 2 was into the S52 ECU, but now no longer if I am correct.
      Yes, that is correct.

Now, here I am confused from this image. Does that same red/black Pin 1 C136 connect straight to compressor clutch, along with the relay from the post above? Or Just Red/Black Pin 1 C136 to Pin 4 of your adapter, and the relay is a separate circuit?
      The latter, the compressor will only be controlled via the DME.

Comment

Thanks!

Trying to find a bosch relay holder that will fit into the E30 wiring cover or on the fuse box holders.

Curious also, I think I plan on running 2 fans (2x12 vs 1x16) on the rad to give more surface and easier for clearance. Possible to stagger the fans turning on one at 195 and both at 205? I don't believe I need to use the Can controller to do so, but you have added the feature. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks!

Trying to find a bosch relay holder that will fit into the E30 wiring cover or on the fuse box holders.

Curious also, I think I plan on running 2 fans (2x12 vs 1x16) on the rad to give more surface and easier for clearance. Possible to stagger the fans turning on one at 195 and both at 205? I don't believe I need to use the Can controller to do so, but you have added the feature. Thanks!
          The CAN controller has 3 outputs and we could use 2 of them for staggered fans if you would like.

Comment

Coming soon - updated firmware that will provide proper CAN messages to MK60 ABS. I'm testing on my car now.

Comment

Interesting. Method to use correct wheel speed sensors?

Comment

Interesting. Method to use correct wheel speed sensors?
                None - the board just handles CAN messages that are normally sent from the cluster.

Comment

A new board design is on the way - it will have 7 outputs and 4 inputs (used to be 4 & 3) and use a MQS connector like many other BMW modules. I'll have a batch of them ready to ship in about 2 weeks.

The price is now $275 shipped, had to bump it up a bit to account for additional components and assembly/testing time.

Comment

First batch of new boards are ready! MQS pins are included but not pictured.

Comment

Hi mate, very interested in this Board.
                      I've got an s54 e30 which currently stalls at idle when ac is on.
                      Will make payment asap
                      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson258 View Post
                        Hi mate, very interested in this Board.
                        I've got an s54 e30 which currently stalls at idle when ac is on.
                        Will make payment asap
                        Cheers
                        Sending PM.

Comment

this is awesome that someone makes this

-
                          Project
                          Parts for Sale
                          Feedback
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

To confirm.... C110 is just the 1 wore that goes to the compressor correct? I have s54 but with e36 compressor and converted to r134...anything else I need to do with working in terms of AC pressure switches?

Comment

Can I trade my original one in for the new batch, that looks nice!
                              Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I sent this to Garry but I will post here as I am waiting for a response and I want to see if anyone else has any ideas:
                                Garry,

I've got the relay wired as it shows in the thread. The rest of the stuff is wired per the CAN instructions PDF I found... Somewhere. Anyway, it said pin 11 is pink and is one of the CAN channels. My CAN controller came with pin 10 being pink, so I removed it and put it in pin 11 and wired per instructions. I have an additional wire going from the ac pressure sensor to the AC clutch/relay pin 87 junction, otherwise my compressor and aux fan did not turn on at all. Now they seem to come on with the snowflake pushed and turn off when it is not pushed.

Is there any way to test if this is working? I still stall frequently with the AC on. It happens mostly when I come off load... Like if I am slowing down to stop it will stall almost every time, especially if I put it in neutral to coast. I can sometimes save a stall by shifting from 6th to 5th and so on as I slow down but it doesn't always help.

I have a 6 speed with UUC lightweight flywheel. My ECU was tuned by Markert.
                                I also have the lighter JE pistons too. Is it possible even with the controller the ltfw and pistons just drop the revs too quickly?
                                If I feel a stall coming and put it in neutral real fast and slam on the gas it sometimes saves it after about 2 seconds of the pedal totally depressed, but sometimes it doesn't, and I'm always afraid I won't get out of fear fast enough and will slam into something so I don't so this often

Comment

Working...
                                X