X Brace for street only E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X Brace for street only E30

So I have a totally stock E30. It is a week-end car, and I am debatiung whether to add X brace. My friend added to his no gone vert, and said it was a great edition. My tire guy (wqho runs a race shop) said its not needed (we have smooth streets in South Florida).

I am installing a gargastic strut brace (should arrive today).

Discuss.

P.S. Why the F do we have a Nazi smile????http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...s/naziskie.gif

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I loved my Garagistic brace. Really tightened the car up and made a difference. I only took it off because it couldn't clear my exhaust setup after the swap. (Early version, they've since solved that). I plan on getting another one very soon, can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by exhaust View Post
        I loved my Garagistic brace. Really tightened the car up and made a difference. I only took it off because it couldn't clear my exhaust setup after the swap. (Early version, they've since solved that). I plan on getting another one very soon, can't recommend it highly enough.

Did you feel a night and day difference? And where did you feel it the most?

Comment

Maybe not night and day but night to early morning. The front end was noticeably tighter and more controlled, much less cowl shake and overall rattled less

Comment

Definitely made a difference, having owned a vert with and without one now it would be my number one mod for a vert. I have Race Skid one but works same as the rest. Does sit low sooo take care of when you are lowering your car.

Comment

I've got one and it is absolutely worth the money.

Skip the strut brace and get the x brace.
              1991 318iC
              1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

I like mine
                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by exhaust View Post
                  Maybe not night and day but night to early morning. The front end was noticeably tighter and more controlled, much less cowl shake and overall rattled less
                  This right here. It definitely makes a difference. It doesn't make it into a race car but the front end is much more controlled and overall the car just feels more solid / less rattles cowl shake. So much so that I'm probably going to get a brace for the rear eventually.
                  Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Originally posted by Mwishlist View Post
                    This right here. It definitely makes a difference. It doesn't make it into a race car but the front end is much more controlled and overall the car just feels more solid / less rattles cowl shake. So much so that I'm probably going to get a brace for the rear eventually.

What brace is made for the rear ?

Comment

^The butt strut or something similar. Unfortunately there are not a lot of people who have one on on an E30 so there isn't much feedback about them. I would prefer to just run stiffer subframe bushings myself due to the loss of ground clearance with a rear bar.

Many people have an X brace of some type and the feedback is very positive. I have a steel Mason X brace and like it. It was pricey but it made a noticeable difference.
                      Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Will this cross brace work with an S50?
                        '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

I'm confused on how to install a butt strut on a vert , cause of where the shock mounts are

Comment

Like this one here:
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=380762
                            Thank god, R3V was getting boring since the ginger kid wrecked his car. - Stonea

Comment

Do you feel more of the engine vibration. Since the xbrace bolts on to the Sub frame ?

Comment

Working...
                              X