• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 iX Touring FS NOT MINE

Hi,

I did not seem to come up with this car being mentioned here yet, somehow:

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/6061060870.html

Not sure if anyone knows him personally or maybe a member here somewhere, maybe not. Anyway, we talked for about 2 weeks and the guy sent me every photo I requested top to bottom, inside and out, even bought a 'harbor freight special' low profile jack to show me a jack test. He is very honest about it's condition.

The car seems to be mechanically in quite good shape.

Anyway it would be awesome to see this go to a fellow iX person, for the right price... which should be based on all of the evidence and market value of other iXTs in Europe and very clean examples in the States that I have seen in passing, I did my research.

That said, this car is NOT a clean example. If you would like to discuss more I am glad to share my experience pm me for in depth questions. Or talk to him directly if interested obviously, very reasonable to deal with, other than negotiation. Which is why the title of the post is not: 89 iX Touring MINE!!! because I own it, but comes with a slight sound of caution in the air for my good friends on r3v.

Again it is a great car mechanically, and seemingly he is a good guy, but sheesh. As the saying goes.. things are worth as much as one is willing to pay for it, and that I could not justify.

Maybe I'm on the crack pipe, maybe he is on the crack pipe, either way I'm out. I wish those in the market good luck on this one, and best of luck to the gentleman selling. :up:

tk
    Last edited by tk32; 04-26-2017, 06:41 PM.
    Current State: '88 iX
    Two Doors, Three Pedals

What's with the e46 fuel filter next to the intake manifold?
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
    X