No announcement yet.

Best Sway bar for E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im rocking eibach's in the front and in the rear, along with eibach pro/bilstein its a nice setup
    customobsessions.com

Comment

Thread Revival time:

I'm getting a fair amount of understeer on my h&r/billy sport setup and was looking at getting stiffer sways.

The old consensus was the ST bars, but I heard I'd need to weld on reinforcements to run them?

Would the STs be overkill for a bit of understeer/would I bee better off with running cabrio bars up front and m3 in rear?
      '91 325i

Comment

Over ten years dead. I'm not sure I've seen a longer revival on these boards.

"The old consensus was the ST bars, but I heard I'd need to weld on reinforcements to run them?"

If you want a stiffer than stock bar in the rear, you should reinforce it. Could you possibly get by without reinforcing it if you had a barely stiffer bar? Maybe. But those tabs are weak, and at this point in the car's life, old.
        -------------------------------------------------
        1989 - E30 - M20B25 - Manual. Approx 300,000+ miles - Track Rat & Weekend Fun
        2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approx 130,000 miles - [not so] Daily Driver

sigpic

I'm looking for a Lachssilber Passenger Fender and Hood. PM if you have one or both to sell!

Comment

This thread has been revived after a decade and then went quiet. 2 years later I'll take a shot. Do the Ireland Engineering bars with their billet aluminum brackets require welding. Is it possible to install some good sway bars without welding?

Comment

they reinforce the floors without welding, but the tabs on the trailing arms must be welded if you want to reinforce them.

In San Diego you may be just fine without doing the trailing arms, I always had a suspicion that many failures were simply due to some of the rustier cars that already had weakened a bit.

However, you'll be sorry if you rip one off and then have to repair it, it's much easier to reinforce it while it's still in good condition.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You can't go wrong with the ST bars. They are the cheapest out there and not to big or to small.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Any problems with the end links on the ST bars being noisy? I am looking to upgrade to the ST sway bars but I don't want any clunks or noises.

Comment

Working...
                X