Seat of the pants difference between 14" & 15" wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by winstontj View Post
    Sorry Mods for deliberatly posting this in the wrong area.

Wondering what the performance or handling differences are between 14" & 15" factory alloys (weaves)? Not looks, not coolness factor, not what you like....

I was shocked to learn how much (nice) 15" weaves are going for. Before I bite the bullet and pick up a set I want to know what the difference in the seat of my pants will be between the two sizes. I'll run a decent all weather radial on them - nothing fancy. I'm inclined to do it because I think more wheel will fill out the wells better but either way they will have factory sized rubber all around.

Thanks for your honest opinions!
    It's a night and day difference. I just got a set of euro weaves with stock sized tires (205/55-15) to replace the original 14's with 195/65-14 tires. With the 15's, steering is much sharper and more responsive and the car tracks better on the highway. It also feels like there is less body roll around corners. It's a very worthwhile and noticable improvement, IMO.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by alpina turbines, but perhaps something like this would fit the bill? http://abrahamsmotorsport.com/kopi.htm

"Euro weaves" are simply the 15inch weave that came on some cars in Europe.

I don't know much about wheels/tire performance, so I can't really help you too much there.

Comment

Working...
      X