buying used parts via forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying used parts via forums

Just wondering if any of you have had any problems buying used parts from certain r3v members, not naming any names. I sent payment for various parts (total about 1,000 US) via paypal April 17, and the last email I received from him was May 4. He said he's been busy with work and hasn't been able to get some of the parts off the car when he planned to, but it's been over a week since I last heard from him. Just sucks waiting, and not knowing if I'm being screwed or if its legit. Am I just impatient?
    sigpic
    An unlucky E30 I came across in Rotterdam, Holland

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=105

Comment

So I did some searching, and found this post... http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=Bimmerfanatik

Is there a trend for this sort of business conduct with this particular member, or are there extenuating circumstances. Those of you who know him well enough, do you think I'll get my parts? or should I file a paypal claim before it is too late?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo84 View Post
        So I did some searching, and found this post... http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...=Bimmerfanatik

Is there a trend for this sort of business conduct with this particular member, or are there extenuating circumstances. Those of you who know him well enough, do you think I'll get my parts? or should I file a paypal claim before it is too late?
        Seems like it's become a problem with him- there was a sticky for a while on one of the sub-forums here where another member (DaveCN?) was trying to act as intermediary to get folks the parts they had paid for, or refunds. Scott (Bimmerfanatik) evidently made good on those transactions (correct me if I'm wrong- if you are still owed parts or $$, post up here).

I would email and/or call him and tell him that if you don't get the parts or a confirmed tracking number or a refund by some specific date, then you will be forced to file a Paypal claim. Just make sure you don't wait too long to file, if it comes down to that.

Shit happens, but there's no excuse for taking someone's $$ and then not communicating with them. Family or job or personal problems happen to all of us, but they are no excuse for this kind of crap- I'm tired of seeing it happen over and over again on the BMW boards.

Bret.

Comment

Yea I've sent emails...even added him to myspace and sent a message there (may I add that he signed onto myspace yesterday, so he's connected and most likely read the messages I sent). He seemed so apologetic the last time he emailed me, but now seems to be avoiding me. Anyone have a phone number?
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X