Steering wheel. ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering wheel. ?

I have an airbag car and have since removed the airbag wheel, i was going to put my m-tech I on but it is messed up, do i decided to just throw on a 4 spoke for hoots. the two questions i have is it still moves a little fowards and backwards (like it is missing a washer) this is not really a big deal to me. my main concern is when i turn the wheel i get this clicking (at certain point)and the wheel stops and you have the apply force to keep it turning (this is very annoying.

any suguestions anyone?

Did you put some extra washers on??? You need like three or four good sized washers on there.

Comment

No I didn't I only put the one on the insade of the wheel, before putting the nut on.

Comment

i had the same problem with my airbag wheel. there's a couple wires that connect to a contact point on the wheel for the airbag. when i had my car aligned and they centered the wheel after that, turning the wheel was a work out for about 5 minutes. eventually I felt something break in the wheel and it turns out it was that wire. so if the clips that hold it in there break or the wire gets loose the wires get tangled in the wheel when you turn it which causes the problem you're having.

just open the steering column access panel and look for that loose wire. wrap some electrical tape around the exposed ends and secure it so it doesn't get tangled again or remove it. also, when i opened the access panel a bunch of broken clip plastic clip pieces fell out. I still have clicking when I turn the wheel to the left slightly and i know its just one of the clips floating around in there and i haven't taken it out yet.
        Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
        Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

I talked to him on AIM, he didnt use spacers at all, so i imagine the noise was the turn signal stalks return lever not making good contact or too much.

Comment

i'm quite sure his problem is the airbag wires b/c what he described was exactly what happened to me. why would his turn signal stalks cause the turning to be impeded?
            Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
            Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by JPL View Post
              i'm quite sure his problem is the airbag wires b/c what he described was exactly what happened to me. why would his turn signal stalks cause the turning to be impeded?
              I agree with you... after re-reading his post (lol i didnt see the very last part). I was thinking the clicking was not the stalk itself but rather the part inside column that is tripped by the tab on the wheel when you complete your turn, returning the stalk to the neutral position.

Comment

Working...
              X