No announcement yet.

3d printable firearm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massimo, it's not about building a gun. It's about this one gun in particular. And the future repercussion's of what a such a weapon could be. As stated multiple times, this is a gun that can be brought threw all current security countermeasures. That means gov. buildings, schools, and airports are all now fair game again.

Comment

^

False it would not make it through a Xray scan of a checked bag at the air port nor the full body scanners. You dont seem to know enough about how Xray works to be commenting about what security measures it will defeat or not Also would not fool the microwave echo systems either

That and this 3d printer is not like the replicator for star trek. Also if you can lathe and mill a receiver or full firearm out of a spare block of alloy, whats to stop you from doing the same out of a solid block of high strength plastics....... We might as well ban the possession of files to make all gun parts on CNC's and such, oh and the possession of tooling by common individuals as well.

I can go to the hardware store and buy all the shit to build a firearm as well. that would be about as effective as this thing, its called a zip gun and they have been illegal for a long as time. For fucks sake there are lots of example of prisoners building fucking zip guns in some of the most secure facilities. A good 3d printer costs what 2500 bucks or so, so why go though all the trouble and expense to print a single shot POS when you can buy all the shit at the hardwear store for 35 bucks to do the same god dammed thing.

Oh and I forgot to add, this is the Liberator, 1m of them were made and about 2/3 dropped over or distributed into occupied territory during WWII in most theater's around the world, so the local populations would have a means to fight back if conditions were right and take a supierior weapon from an occupying soldier. A single shot 45acp, with 10 extra rounds and a wooden stick to remove the spent casing. While it was not used that much and there is little documentation of it being used, it had a larger physiological effect, kinda like its name sake plastic fantastic has in recent days to those in power.....

Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-11-2013, 09:21 AM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Sleeve I know exactly what the "liberator" is. I own both an original and a vintage ordinance reproduction.

But back on topic here. Just so everyone knows exactly what were talking about here is a pic of the gun in question broken down into component form. That's all there is to this thing. Now sleeve is assuming that someone intent on using such a thing would be dumb enough to try and get threw security with it fully assembled ready to go. Or me, knowing full well that it can be smuggled broken down and assembled once inside. Or that someone looking to use it could just as easily spend 15 minutes manipulating the file to disguise the component parts. (i.e. the barrel/magazine looks alot like a film canister, or the handle & breach section a hairdryer) If I can think of it, than so can they. Security and TSA agents are trained to look for things out of place or suspicious, how out of place is a hairdryer in someones carry-on luggage? Or that a TSA agent making 10 bucks an hour cares all that much paying super close attention to everything. As for the scanners, full body scanners once again are there to show shape. If it doesn't look like a gun then there's no suspicion. The only real scanner that would have a chance at this thing broken down would be the sniffer's. Machine's designed to "sniff" out explosives and gun powder. But not every airport has these, leaving a hole in the system. So when the next 9/11 happens with one of these I'm sure gun nut statements will be great solace to the victims and their families. Hey their protecting your right's afterall, and paying for them with others lives.
        Attached Files

Comment

Machine's designed to "sniff" out explosives and gun powder. But not every airport has these, leaving a hole in the system.a
          I've got a few buddies who do EOD work, and they make a joke about setting these machines off everywhere they go. They explain they're in the military, what they do and they just slide on by. Quite easy to make up an equivalent bullshit story if your goal is to get through these types of checks wherever they may be.

Comment

You know the same effect could be had with a price of tubing with some pen parts added, a 22lr cartridge, and any hard object.

Take off pen pieces put cartridge in the tube, strike the back of the case with hard object. Instant gun.
            1991 335is in progress

Comment

Current rumors are that Ares Armor which sells lot of 80% completed machined lower receivers has been raided and shut down by the ATF in the last few days. Seems the feds in recent days really dont like the masses being able to make their own firearms........
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

sucks, but they had to expect rattling the cage would make some noise. They out to make a point about copywrite and guns at the same time, either of those is a legal nightmare and they did both. good luck!!
                sigpic
                Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

I scanned through these pages and apologies if anyone already posted something along these lines and missed it.

Who cares about guns- think what else you can 'print yourself'.

Lets assume this is limited to thermosetting plastics- pretty much what 90% of the stuff you own is made out of. Example: my 'new' 1993 dodge truck has door latches that are completely fucked due to broken little plastic pieces. Dodge doesn't sell any replacement parts. Pretty much I am on my own to figure out how to rig some generic door hardware in there.... unless I could print this little plastic guy. Those 'little things' are what convince people to buy new cars.

The gears on your odometer. Your shift knob. A cell phone case. That 'is' lip. Think about what an 'easy' plastics printer will do to many 'industry'.

Could you print your own vinyl record?

Of course 'they' want to make it illegal because you 'could print a gun'.

Comment

I have a 3D printer. it's not precise enough for a record (although it HAS been done). The print area is 4"x4"x4". It's good for clips and things but overoll surprisingly pointless. It takes so much dicking around to get something to go the right way that usually i'm better off taking hand tools to a block of plastic. But if I had several clips to make or something then it's on.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                    If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

I am honestly surprised this conversation hasnt extended to diy cnc machines in general.

Being able to replicate parts is neat. Being able to replicate parts to make a gun is even neat-er.

$400 DIY Drawer Slide CNC Machine: This is just a quick follow up video of my completed drawer slide CNC machine.  The total cost for this was around $400.  It took a couple months just working on it when I had the time.  The stepper motors and driver board (TB6560) we…

I wonder how many little full-auto clips you could make in 1 run with that thing.

I wonder how many ar-15s you could make in one run with that thing. Just need some aluminum blocks. Maybe get crazy and start melting down some cans.

When the average person has access to production facilities like this.... who knows what we could make instead of ship across the ocean.

Comment

Like I have stated before with the tech thats available out there for every day purchase, you might as well classify a solid block of alloy a machine gun and ban them too. Since anyone with a 2-3000 dollars worth of tooling and measurement equipment and a little time to tinker can make anything you want with old school MANUAL equipment, not even todays fancy automated CNC shit

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                        X