Yet another surging idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another surging idle

I've tried searching for a similar issue and haven't seen anything that helped.
    My idle has been fluctuating between ~400-1000rpm. Just yesterday I replaced the CTS, and just today the Fuel Pressure Regulator to no avail. I suspect a vacuum leak somewhere.

The reason I'm still confused: When I pull the vacuum line from the intake manifold to the FPR, the idle smooths out and it's perfect; how it should be. Runs and drives well with quick throttle response.

Pulling this line should create a massive vacuum leak, right? Why would it solve my problem pulling this vacuum line off?
    sigpic
    '88 325is. built M20. dd.
    '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

look at your intake gasket. get some carburetor cleaner and spray it around your manifold. also, take off the icv and spray the hell out of it. it could be sticky. have you taken off your intake boot to see if there are any cracks in it?
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      look at your intake gasket. get some carburetor cleaner and spray it around your manifold. also, take off the icv and spray the hell out of it. it could be sticky. have you taken off your intake boot to see if there are any cracks in it?
      I have not done that yet. You're talking the rubber boot behind the AFM right? Also the intake gasket as in where it meets the head?
      sigpic
      '88 325is. built M20. dd.
      '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

Comment

Working...
      X