No announcement yet.

SoCal Canyon Reviews/Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the road up to chantry flats is waaaaay twisty. almost all blind corners. dangerous but fun. havent't had a chance to go to mulholland in my car yet. sad times.
    sigpic
    @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
    Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Hey Guys, i've been creepin' around the boards for a minute and was searching for this Mulholland road, or even better, the malibu nurburgring. heard its in the hills of hollwood. Im an OC guy and can definitely confirm that Santiago Cyn is a cop trap. flipped my car a few years ago back there and within 3 minutes there was a cop at the scene. After pulling myself out of the vehicle, the cop said that he had heard the car from a distance and then saw lights in the air, so he made his move. its not a difficult road and can be fun towards the end (uphill and downhill U's), but there is a residential track towards that side so just beware. also as a side note, there is holy jim's canyon out there by the U's, which is a decent offroad area which leads to a rc airport. so if you travel out that way, just beware that there may be others out there. anyone up fo a "malibu nurburgring" tour/drive, let me know as the 5spd conversion is getting done next week and i will be looking to play with that shifter.

Comment

ortega hwy yo !!!!!!
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Used to go there all the time, fun since it's local.

Comment

malibu nurburgring?
            95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
            Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
            LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
              Las Flores cyn, quickly followed by Latigo Cyn in Malibu, 15 miles of twistities fun.

Do it at night time, it adds to the whole experience. :D
              ya, did mulholland a few years ago with Edwin, it was good but not mind blowing. some of the other twisties he took us through were much better.
              Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

i may do a GMR run this saturday morning like around 6-7am anyone down?
                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by VANOS714 View Post
                  Used to go there all the time, fun since it's local.
                  use to go with this fag all the time at night fuck with people by turning off our lights and switching places ahahha fun old times ....
                  here's an old picture of his crappy CRX and my old E30
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	l.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	7151570
                  Buy e30 cup holders
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...41#post4159541

Buy BMW Motosports handles
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302846

Buy BMW MOTORSPORT valve covers http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=330146

sigpic

Comment

Hwy 23 off of the 101 west towards PCH. Enough said.

Google that shit.
                    harry/harout

Comment

Stunt road!!!! Which is off the 23 as well. No cops, took the long way to the beach last time!
                      90 Alpine M3 | 90 Brilliantrot M3 | 85 Alpine 520i

Comment

stunt rd looks good. Im tempted to do a Mulholland/stunt tour soon. Perhaps after i finish changing up my cooling system.
                        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

highway 38 is a great drive lots of twisty sections with some long straights in between

id give it a four out of five for fun
                          difficulty id say about medium, there are some OH Shit moments but otherwise it seems like a pretty safe drive
                          never seen a cop on highway 38 ever
                          this is the back way to big bear the other way is highway 18 but i prefer the 38 because it starts right by were i live and its very pretty drive
                          ive gone in the morning and in the afternoon the early morning is probably the best
                          88 325is Five Speed
                          Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                            i may do a GMR run this saturday morning like around 6-7am anyone down?
                            I'll join you for that.
                            Early morning time is my favorite.

I also have 2 more friends who would accompany us. One of them lives 2 minutes from GMR and knows it blindfolded. He always leads.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

pm me your number and we can set something up.
                              95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

GMR is around a 4 I'd say in fun.

Difficulty is around a medium to high depending which fork you take.
                                There are a lot of blind turns, off-camber areas, and turns that become opposite turns fairly quick.

If you take ridge road at the top, the fun level instantly becomes a 5 because of the open, fast paced, yet twisty road it becomes. The only downside is its NOT a divided lane marked road, so if grandma coming opposite of you decides to cut a blind corner = it's going to be a sad day.

Police is a hit or miss. I've seen a trooper once out of the 7(?) times I've been up there day time. Though I've never been at night, not do I ever really want to go, everyone says its deserted of cops.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                                X