america's next civil war coming soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

america's next civil war coming soon?

A poll that came out last week shows american's feel a armed uprising is not only coming but is needed.

Three in 10 registered American voters believe an armed rebellion might be necessary in the next few years, according to the results of a staggering poll released Wednesday by Fairleigh Dickinson University’s PublicMind.

The survey, aimed at measuring public attitudes toward gun issues, found that 29 percent of Americans agree with the statement, “In the next few years, an armed revolution might be necessary in order to protect our liberties.” An additional five percent were unsure.

Eighteen percent of Democrats said an armed revolt “might be necessary,” as compared to 27 percent of independents and 44 percent of Republicans. Support levels were similar among males and females but higher among less educated voters.
    Pretty scary, so lets discuss.

its what doctor Jefferson prescribed. Why would that be scary?

Comment

Can we please have a discussion where people don't use founding father quotes, or related things. I want to know what people here think, not what a dead man said 200 years ago. Beyond the fact that any statement made by them can be warped to fit any view you want it to, making it pointless.

The scary part comes in terms of line drawing.
      Who falls on what side of the line?
      Who's and what ideals are we fighting for?
      Who are we fighting against?
      Where does it stop?

The main question I have for people advocating for this is who exactly do you want to kill? Remember, were not talking a foreign enemy here, were talking your neighbor's, friends, family. Are you willing to kill someone you know because their views differ from yours?

Comment

^

What those "dead men" thought is what many of us still think. The founders are as important today as they were 240 years ago if not more so. People like you are the primary reason why, that discount them and write them off because it happened a long time ago, and has no bearing on our modern life. Hate to brake it too you but those dead me have huge influence on your life right this very second and the fact we can even discuss such topics from our arm chairs a 1000 miles apart at our leisure is directly attributed to them.

We just want to be left the hell alone and to live our lives and not be hasseled at every turn by an over reaching, overbearing, govt.

Free men wish to always live free
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Never going to happen.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Never going to happen.
            +1

Using the founding fathers in arguments has reached peak 'appeal to authority' fallacy status for many people.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

We just want to be left the hell alone
              Except the part about turning a large portion of the world into a "parking lot"

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

"I just want to be left alone, and to exercise American military hegemony across the world as I see fit."

Comment

Originally posted by sumoashe View Post
                  Remember, were not talking a foreign enemy here, were talking your neighbor's, friends, family. Are you willing to kill someone you know because their views differ from yours?

Smart people have decided to move to regions where their opinions and beliefs are also held by the majority of the community they have ensconced themselves within.

From your posts, being where you are, I think you fit right in, unless you move to the Northwest/DC/or California.

Comment

Except the part about turning a large portion of the world into a "parking lot"
                    Too poke a badge with a spoon, you better one bad ass mofo, radical islam has been poking the badger for centuries. Reap what you soe comes to mind.......

And I don't see how my stance on how to send a message to those out side of this country not to fuck with the west any more has to do with this conversion? That and when did I advocate genocide in the other thred there brave??? Oh thats right i didnt you put those words in my mouth, There is lots of barron unihabitied desert to drop one low yeild war head to send a message and not kill anyone.......... and still make a large glass parking lot.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      Too poke a badge with a spoon, you better one bad ass mofo, radical islam has been poking the badger for centuries. Reap what you soe comes to mind.......

And I don't see how my stance on how to send a message to those out side of this country not to fuck with the west any more has to do with this conversion? That and when did I advocate genocide in the other thred there brave??? Oh thats right i didnt you put those words in my mouth, There is lots of barron unihabitied desert to drop one low yeild war head to send a message and not kill anyone.......... and still make a large glass parking lot.
                      You're the best backpedaler we have here.

I didn't put a single word in your mouth--your new claim that you need to show off the power of a nuclear weapon by turning a "remote" section of desert into a glass parking lot is pathetic.

You don't even have enough of a sack to stick to your terrible genocide arguments when you're called out. Pathetic.

Comment

Never going to happen.

Im sure your mom taught you to "Never say Never"
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Scary? Not really. It's easy to talk tough.
                          2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
                          2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
                          1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
                          1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
                          - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
                          1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
                          1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
                          Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

To the children slinging names at eachother, you must not understand. This isn't about you. Let go of your ego and focus on the truth. The truth is that our government has been dishonest. Ever heard of operation northwoods or the gulf of tokin incident in the early 1960's? I recommend doing a bit of research. Currently there is a truth movement sweeping across America. All we want is the truth, because without it we can't know what our government's true motives are. And with CIA projects like mk ultra, it's scary to wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                              Im sure your mom taught you to "Never say Never"
                              The average American can't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded, I'm sure Congress is shaking in their boots over the thought of it.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X