X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      Huxley - 1, Orwell - 0.
      This is a really interesting thread.

I would like to revive it with a few points of note based on some of my observations over the past few years.

I don't think we will ever have a 'revolution' with burning tires and militias with guns. We all know about them, and still see them in the world, and we all know exactly why we DONT want that.

Most people will do everything possible to avoid conflict- especially at that elevated of a level. The closest item we have come to was the occupy wall street stuff. I don't even remember what they were protesting- something about camping in public places or rich people were too rich... or something. Nobody cared.

Even the poor and hungry in our country are too well off to fight anything. It will take years of poverty and a drive to make things better for any 'real' revolution. When I can post on the internet and whine on facebook to my friends and watch a netflix as I cry myself to sleep.... I feel a lot better than if this **** had been boiling my entire life. We are a distracted society- and the consumerism-based industries want to keep us that way. Huxley was exactly right.

Civil war in my state? North Carolina? Over what? We have 2.7mil registered democrats, 1.9 mil registered republicans, 1.6mil unaffiliated, and 20k libertarians.

I love libertarians to death but when people start talking about succeeding from the fed I think they forget that the fed gives many states more money than we give them. Thanks california for our schools! (I am from SC origonally.... and aparently sc costs the fed about 3k per person).

All it would take would be for those 20 states that actually contribute money to the fed to decide one day to drop all those moocher states from the union, until they can 'balance their budgets'. Yikes. No school next year kids, time to go to work.

Comment

Originally posted by makeshift View Post
        To the children slinging names at eachother, you must not understand. This isn't about you. Let go of your ego and focus on the truth. The truth is that our government has been dishonest. Ever heard of operation northwoods or the gulf of tokin incident in the early 1960's? I recommend doing a bit of research. Currently there is a truth movement sweeping across America. All we want is the truth, because without it we can't know what our government's true motives are. And with CIA projects like mk ultra, it's scary to wonder.
        The tin foil hat is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
        X