No announcement yet.

3d printable firearm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already new that. But why would someone create an untraceable gun with a machine that costs as much as a house when they could simple buy a gun for a fraction legally? Think about it. Did you notice that in 2 days since the file for the single shot gun has been available there has been over 100,000 downloads. That's 100,000 untraceable, undetectable by metal detectors, unlicensed guns in 2 days. And don't forget, if they want more, just click print. Out of those 100,000 how many are by law abiding responsible gun owners and how many are by people with not so good intentions? Anyone with a fantasy of assassinating a gov official or killing someone with a gun that can never have a ballistics test run on it just got their wet dream of a weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by sumoashe View Post
      Already new that. But why would someone create an untraceable gun with a machine that costs as much as a house when they could simple buy a gun for a fraction legally?

An employee doesn't have to pay the cost of the machine? It is kinda scary if you put it like that. Ive had the AR Lower file for some time and just recently deleted it as I would have no use for it. Id have to bet accuracy is not good at all on this little printed gun. But it is a step in a direction that will definitely push the limits in the future.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

It is scary, it's scarier that people don't think far enough ahead to realize what the full implications of such weapons are. Being a responsible gun owner also means being responsible to keep guns out of hands that shouldn't have them. Not just bitching about your own guns. I'm not to scared of the ar stuff. Were still talking a 3 foot rifle that's somewhat hard to conceal and still has enough metal to set off detectors. But a undetectable gun that fits in your pocket and can be brought in to any place does. Think about it. What's the purpose of a gun like that? Target practice? Nope, every shot destroys the barrel requiring printing of a new one. Self defense? Nope, being single shot and having to replace the barrel as part of reloading doesn't make it an effective gun for that. It's an assassin's tool, plain and simple. To get a gun into a place undetected allowing you to get up close and personal with your target where the lack of accuracy is nullified.

Comment

Originally posted by willworkfore30s View Post

You gun hating, panty waste, hipster. Your mother should have swallowed you or let your dad shoot you into her pooper so she could shit you out later. Don't cha know? ;):p

Cale = Angriest Canadian ever.
          Gun hating? I'm sitting here as we speak with a weapon for work, and I'm booked on a course to get my PAL next month for my own weapon purchase. I love them, I just think your nation has a skewed view of the best way to deal with them and crime statistic support this.

Cute attempt to troll tho bro, more subtley next time plz.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

It is scary, it's scarier that people don't think far enough ahead to realize what the full implications of such weapons are. Being a responsible gun owner also means being responsible to keep guns out of hands that shouldn't have them. Not just bitching about your own guns. I'm not to scared of the ar stuff. Were still talking a 3 foot rifle that's somewhat hard to conceal and still has enough metal to set off detectors. But a undetectable gun that fits in your pocket and can be brought in to any place does. Think about it. What's the purpose of a gun like that? Target practice? Nope, every shot destroys the barrel requiring printing of a new one. Self defense? Nope, being single shot and having to replace the barrel as part of reloading doesn't make it an effective gun for that. It's an assassin's tool, plain and simple. To get a gun into a place undetected allowing you to get up close and personal with your target where the lack of accuracy is nullified.
              A valid point on the TYPE of gun being plastic and disposable. But they also added metal to it to comply with laws. How many people will follow suit, who knows. But this is a factor of the tool, it only prints plastic!

As for the opener of your argument, (again) you can pick up a decent used lathe and mill for less than $1k off industrial surplus and make yourself a nice shiny metal one. Or 3D print some plastic parts and use them to cast metal parts. People make guns all the time.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
              If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                A valid point on the TYPE of gun being plastic and disposable. But they also added metal to it to comply with laws. How many people will follow suit, who knows. But this is a factor of the tool, it only prints plastic!

As for the opener of your argument, (again) you can pick up a decent used lathe and mill for less than $1k off industrial surplus and make yourself a nice shiny metal one. Or 3D print some plastic parts and use them to cast metal parts. People make guns all the time.
                We just got a podwer based 3d printer at school, and my friend just finished his forge. Some aluminium casting will be done this summer for sure.
                1991 335is in progress

Comment

It's an assassin's tool, plain and simple. To get a gun into a place undetected allowing you to get up close and personal with your target where the lack of accuracy is nullified.
                  Going to have to agree with this one. While I don't believe this was the intent, that is about the only useful purpose this will serve.
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                    This.

x infinity.
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

No matter how many regulations or laws there are governing guns and their distribution, criminals will always get guns. That is why they are criminals, because they specialize in getting things they are not suppose to have.
                      The only people gun laws effect are regular people.
                      I do think there needs to be some regulation and tracking of guns as it does help solve crimes when guns are stolen or when a regular person commits a crime of passion.
                      Its all about balance, and right now many people are all standing on one side of the scale.
                      I few days ago, at my boat building school, one of the guys here mentioned off hand that he had a shot gun at home. One of the new office employees heard him and took it as a threat. He was forced to voluntarily turn in his fire arm in to the Sharif because the office lady claimed he was mentally unstable. There is nothing wrong with this guy. I know him personally, and he is no threat to the school. Its all fear mongering, and decisions based on fear reactions are always bad. People are scared of things they do not understand, and I am willing to bet that most anti gun zealots have never had any education on fire arms in their lives besides the fear stories they see on the news.
                      sigpic
                      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Such a poorly recycled cop-out argument. Criminals come by them easily because of how common they are. If you want a handgun in Canada illegally, it's by no means an easy feat. Yes you can get one, but unless you're in an area catering to crime and know the right people you've got some work ahead of you. z31maniac had the perfect rebuttal for this, what's the point in regulation/law of any sort if all people do not adhere to them? The "what's the point" argument is just an excuse to justify ignoring the problem and keep polishing your arsenals.

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                          This.
                          Had nothing to do with the conversation....
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

^

No it didnt really, how didnt, blaming the availability of an inanimate object for the actions of human wielding it has nothing to do with what people are discussing in here at all

You dont need a license a back ground check and or any of the like to build your own firearms, so long as its for personal use and not for sale. Just so long as your not barred from owning a firearm. this is nothing new, this thing amounts to little more than a Zip gun, and the "undetectable" weapon and is on shaky legal ground as it is.

In other more concerning news, the feds "have seized control of the information" and taken the original site with the DL down........

Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Sleeve, are you really surprised the gov. did that. I understand your want for the gov. to stay out of issue's like this, but what choice is left for them? We refuse to police ourselves when it comes to guns in general, leaving the gov. no choice but to jump in. And of course their going to go overboard with it, it's the gov.. When have they ever made a decision based on common sense.

But this isn't a discussion of guns in general. Just this one single shot printed gun. And if people had stopped to look at what the actual repercussions are of a gun like this and said no from the get go the feds never would of had to. But if people acted then they'd have nothing to bitch and whine about. Which is all they want to do. The fact we have been having the same gun debate for decades is proof of that. (some historians trace the start of the debate to as far back as the revolutionary war)

We've already come to agreement that the only real practical use for this gun is as an assassination tool. So what could one person do with this gun? How bout start a world war. Sounds funny till you remember WW1 started due to one man with a gun assassinating a political figure. Yep, over 9 million dead cause of one guy starting the domino's falling. Now we've given every wannabe in the world the perfect tool to do it again. And to think that it couldn't happen again in this hyper polarizing, supercharged political world isn't foolish, it's the definition of denial.

This isn't a gun rights issue. This is a common sense issue, and the lack of people using theirs. When people grow up then the gov. won't to have babysit them.
                              Last edited by sumoashe; 05-11-2013, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I don't understand how this can change anything? I could go buy a lathe and build a gun. Why is everyone so huffy puffy about this?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X