The 'favorite beer' thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agent View Post
    It's been said before ITT, but Southern Tier just doesn't make a bad beer. We did these two over the weekend, and I'm picking up (at least) a case of Pumking on Saturday.

That Chocolate orange stout looks amazing. Ill have to pick one up. Tried Weyerbacher yet? They have an AMAZING pumpkin ale. I do agree, I haven't had a ST I didn't enjoy.

That said, Its that time of the year again! I'm on a quest to try every octoberfest I can find. So far I've only gotten my hand on Dominion and Sierra. Need to hit up the Whole Foods in Manassas so I can pick up some top tier stuff. Also it's been awhile since I've had a real Stout. Since moving to Winchester the selection has dwindled.

Still, I'm excited. Fuck football, this is BEER season.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      That Chocolate orange stout looks amazing.
      It was! I picked up the last one my go-to place in Florida had last night. Hopefully I can find some here at home too.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      Tried Weyerbacher yet? They have an AMAZING pumpkin ale.
      Yep, we got a 4 pack of it last week and I brought one home as well - it's very good. It's my second favorite to Pumking.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I really like Dogfish Head's Punkin Ale. I think that's some of the best Pumpkin-themed beer. I'll have to try that chocolate orange stout though.

Comment

1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
          1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
          bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Im following you guys and bought a 4 of Southern Tier Pumking. WOW. Most pumpkin beers Ive had still side more to beer flavor than pumpkin but this has that dessert pumpkin pie zing to it. I just wish I knew it'd be $20 before I got to the counter.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Lol @ the $20 comment. When I first got into fine beers, a friend set me up. Told he he'll get the 30 pack of cheap shit if I'll buy the 6er of Troegs mad elf. Fucker.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
                Im following you guys and bought a 4 of Southern Tier Pumking. WOW. Most pumpkin beers Ive had still side more to beer flavor than pumpkin but this has that dessert pumpkin pie zing to it. I just wish I knew it'd be $20 before I got to the counter.
                Heh... it's high alcohol though, so it's like 2 beers in one!
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

If anyone who likes IPA's ever visits Albuquerque, you gotta try Bosque Brewery's River Walker IPA.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

so i like every kind of leinenkugels seasonal shandies, ive had a whole years worth of them now, ive enjoyed every one of them great everyday beers to drink.

Edit: dog is my husky, Baron he likes it too.
                    Last edited by kickinindian; 09-25-2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

ughh I can't do shandy's... or pumpkin beers

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

yea they are not for everyone, i just like them because they are not bland like most light lagers are. my personal favorite though is the cranberry ginger one they do.

Comment

Being a Vermonter, I am spoiled with some great local beer.

My favorites include:
                          1. Lawson's Finest Liquids: Sip of Sunshine
                          2. Alchemist: Heady Topper
                          3. Zero Gravity: Green State Lager

Non VT favorites:
                          Funky Bow: IPA
                          Stella Artois

@e30vt

Comment

Originally posted by e30_vt View Post
                            Being a Vermonter, I am spoiled with some great local beer.

My favorites include:
                            1. Lawson's Finest Liquids: Sip of Sunshine
                            2. Alchemist: Heady Topper
                            3. Zero Gravity: Green State Lager

Non VT favorites:
                            Funky Bow: IPA
                            Stella Artois
                            Bingo!

Fellow Vermonter here, yess we are spoiled! I've always had a love for Longtrail, and anything from the Vermont pub and brewery. I remember this summer they had a beer with watermelon flavor, can't remember the name but it was sooo good!

And for Euro/Belgium stuff

Orval
                            Westmalle Trippel
                            Witkap Trippel
                            Lachouffe
                            Geuze
                            And offcourse barbaar! And the list goes on, pretty spoiled in Belgium hehe. But I'm crazy about American beers to. People over here almost take it as an insult whenever I start about American beers being on the same level
                            Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
                              Bingo!

Fellow Vermonter here, yess we are spoiled! I've always had a love for Longtrail, and anything from the Vermont pub and brewery. I remember this summer they had a beer with watermelon flavor, can't remember the name but it was sooo good!

And for Euro/Belgium stuff

Orval

Westmalle Trippel

Witkap Trippel

Lachouffe

Geuze

And offcourse barbaar! And the list goes on, pretty spoiled in Belgium hehe. But I'm crazy about American beers to. People over here almost take it as an insult whenever I start about American beers being on the same level

Do you currently live in Belgium? Have you visited any Trappist monasteries? I tried a few Trappist beers at the Farmhouse and fell in love.

@e30vt

Comment

Beer is fine... but this Ransom Old Tom Gin is a real treat!

Drinking my way through the Idea Bartender's Guide, published before 1920. We have a liquor thread!?
                                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Working...
                                X