Roof Racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
    when you guys transport something long like a 2x4 that is as long as your car, how do you guys go about securing it from the head and tail ends so they simply don't slide through the rack?
    Im a carpenter so i move a decent amount of wood. Looping from attachment around lumber/ bar to attachment on the other side should work well. Also when its on the 30 i open the trunk lid before i put something on. That way it will clear and some dummy (mostly someone else... mostly) dosen't pop the trunk and destroy shit.

Originally posted by bimmerkarl View Post
    I have a Hard topped E30 vert... there are 8 screws on the top's metal runners... they dont appear to serve a porpose but hey look PERFECTLY located for a roof rack... since my car doesnt have rain gutters I am limited. is there SOMETHING that will screw on that I can use... I'm in Hawaii and I need a way to carry a couple boards without trashing my top with those shitty strap-on pads that everyone uses...
    depending on how clean you want it to be when the racks arn't there i would suggest landing pads (yakima brand) they bolt on and then the bars are removable but there is still a decently clean looking base still attached. I've seen allot of newer model cars with these mounted.

I don't remember if i posted this yet.

Last edited by HippyEarly; 10-21-2011, 09:31 PM.
    Been with me for 16 years...
    sigpic
    Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

i'm selling mine, $240 with surf and bike attachments.

1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
      1974 2002tii / stock
      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Does anyone have the rubber protective boots that go over the thule gutter mounts to protect the car from the gutter mount? I need one please.
        Randall Racing and Engineering
        Acworth, Georgia, 30101
        http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

BAM!! vert roof rack... mission accomplished... needed modification and special hardware, but came out pretty nice IMO..
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DinoSZ View Post
            Thule 300 rack with 555R fairing and 695 basket:

What size is that faring?

Comment

BAM!! vert roof rack... mission accomplished... needed modification and special hardware, but came out pretty nice IMO..
              I have the OEM ones so I have aero bars and the pads are flush to my hard top, but that looks clean.

I'll post a pic tomorrow.
              Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Picz now!!!

Comment

Alright, Frank, since you asked so nicely ;)

and the Criteriums
                  Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by A Sucked Orange View Post
                    What size is that faring?
                    Bump

Comment

Originally posted by A Sucked Orange View Post
                      Bump
                      Thule recommends a 38" fairing for the e30

I've trimmed the bars and added endcaps since the photo

Comment

Originally posted by 2e30 View Post
                        he was alking about the old one from the 80's 90's
                        this one
                        i sold the car with this rack and have no clue where it is now.
                        but i sure do want it back
                        i may be able to track it down for you if you are really interested in getting it back (and the guy i sold it to still has it)

Originally posted by bmwstephen View Post
                        when you guys transport something long like a 2x4 that is as long as your car, how do you guys go about securing it from the head and tail ends so they simply don't slide through the rack?
                        i've transported 8' 2x4s before. i used duct tape to bundle them together on the ends, then just used ratcheting straps to hold the whole thing down and drove carefully. if you crank down the ratchets hard enough, there is too much friction for them to slide forward.

i use the yakima 1a raingutter towers with a 48" cross bar cut down and an older 48" fairing cut down to match the car. accessories: yakima basket and bike attachments

the old school one 2e30 mentioned:

Comment

i have an old school thule one like that for sale with keys.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                          my feedback thread

Comment

Doin work hahaha
                            No the picture isn't mirrored, It's a replica 48" fairing so I had a mirrored sticker made just for kicks

Bronzit 4-door Swap Drifting somewhere
                            Cammed B25 Swap Daily Driver
                            Updated 10/1

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                            Maybe 300 CANADIAN HP, thats like 225 US HP.

Comment

Did the same thing this summer!!! Ill post pics shortly..:D

Comment

Vert Bike Rack

Gotta love having a Vert AND a bike rack..

Yakima parts, had to "modify" the landing pads so the bolt holes would line up, and I cut the round cross bars to match the hard top width better..

and ive since added a wind screen..ill try to get some new pics..

Comment

Working...
                                X