No announcement yet.

For Sale or Trade '72 3.0CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously boys, your bitching about a project car that is one of the most beautiful BMW's ever made. For 500 bucks Id be happy with it.
    Back to my roots

Comment

It's all relative.

If you live in the sunny South like I do, rustbuckets are not worth the time or trouble. There are plenty of rust-free projects down here.
      McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

Speaking as a resident of the "sunny south" I can say that that car would definitely be worth my time and trouble. How many of those are left in the US in any condition? Somebody needs to save this car.

Comment

My point was and is the car should have been cared for. When it was parked it needed a place inside away from the elements that have destroyed it.

I also hope someone rescues it.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Strip it, flare it , batman wings and s50 . Done Easy outta here that thing would be hotness. Imagine 3.0CSL S50 ok now im done dreaming .
            253rwhp

My Vids(OLD)
            http://www.youtube.com/user/aeryk7#p/a/u/0/hS4ZAzSdUdY
            http://www.youtube.com/user/aeryk7#p/u/2/C-0hnV2k_xU

Comment

Originally posted by Joe in FL View Post
              Speaking as a resident of the "sunny south" I can say that that car would definitely be worth my time and trouble. How many of those are left in the US in any condition? Somebody needs to save this car.
              There's a superb example parked in my neighbor's drive. It's under a cover, but I got a good look at it before she parked it.
              McCain's military draft: Are you willing to bet your life?

Comment

if you have an e28 or e30 you would like to trade.
                Yeah right, will the trade be residing in your yard for the next 8 years???
                I will give you 250 for it, 300 if you source the shipper to atlanta. I will pay the shipper obviously, but I need to know what rust issues exist under the chassis. floorpans and such. Spare tire looks good (or as good as can be expected) It would cost @ 20k just to get the body and interior back up to snuff. I do however like the primer black look, and if no one will save this car to properly restore it..... rodding it would be cool as long as the body goes unmolested.

Sounds like the natives are getting restless, tell your dad to watch his back!
                Last edited by delatlanta1281; 08-24-2006, 09:20 AM.
                Yours truly,
                Rich
                sigpic
                Originally posted by Rigmaster
                you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Parts car definately... Rust is catastrophic to CS's.
                  Im not sure why you guys are bashing him... its not like the car was perfect 8 years ago.

$500 is a very fair price for this car. I would pay it in 2 seconds if it were in the Northwest.
                  Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
                  That Guy.
                  03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

If I had room for another project with a negotiable price this car would be golden as a complete strip down.
                    I just handed a 1970 beetle to my little brother as a project that was in worse shape but it's only taken him 3 weeks to replace the fenders, front and rear lids and half of the floor pan to factory specs with undercoating on the floor pan. I got the engine running even with its .05" end play on the crank and it's been a blast bonding with my little brother every few weekends when I can head home. I paid $35 to have the car towed from a buddys house that gave it to me for free with a clear title.
                    Good luck with the sale and ever better luck to the person that takes this project on.
                    I really hate to say it but there's enough left of the car that if money gets that tight a salvage yard would probably give you $300.

Comment

Working...
                    X