No announcement yet.

Fires in SoCal are Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah goodluck guys...i fuken hate bushfires....
    sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

Originally posted by Streetspec_iS
      yeah goodluck guys...i fuken hate bushfires....
      It is just bush fires, there have been alot of home destoryed. It is like a whole bush of fires every where basically, and they hop from house to house, and destroy all of the forests every where. In the Long Beach area it is kinda hard to breath, even at school. i feel sorry for the people that have sports like cross country or something like that. I dont think that they cancled thoes sports like the P.E. kids. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
        Speaking of these fires, has anyone heard from Randy Walters? I know he lives in the San Diego area....El Segundo (sp?), right?
        Jon
        Here i am, the fires are nowhere near me but the ash fallout is fairly heavy. El Segundo is
        a small seaside community sandwiched between Manhattan Beach and Los Angeles
        International Airport, about 125 miles north of San Diego.

As i looked out my front window yesterday i could see the smoke plumes rising from the
        Simi Valley fires way northwest of me. The air here stinks of smoke and visibility iis only
        a few miles due to the heavy smoke and ash content. The airliners at LAX are all lined up
        nose to tail the length of the runways waiting for clearance to take off.

The smoky skies made for an awesome sunset the past few nights, too bad it's at the
        expense of 900 homes burned to the ground and thousands more damaged. And the
        news just said the fires are only 10% contained and it's almost dark. This is terrible.
        Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
        1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
        1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
        1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
        2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
        2005 X3 (little woman's car)
        Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
        Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Originally posted by randywalters
          Originally posted by Jon325i
          Speaking of these fires, has anyone heard from Randy Walters? I know he lives in the San Diego area....El Segundo (sp?), right?
          Jon
          too bad it's at the
          expense of 900 homes burned to the ground and thousands more damaged. And the
          news just said the fires are only 10% contained and it's almost dark.
          yeah, its bad huh...sounds like the sydney/canberra fires we had last season(albeit much worse)....i think its just gonna be a matter of waiting for a weather change....backburning etc doesnt really do much when the winds are fierce enuf to let it skip the fire breaks. gd luck all.
          sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

All the photos posted are nothing compared to the first two days of ash fallout here in La Jolla, all the winds seemed to be blowing towards us. A few of my friends, and my girlfriend, were extremely close to the fires and some had to be evacuated, luckily, nobody I know personally lost their home. My school has been closed all week and there are no signs of it opening thursday or friday, unless it starts to rain. A couple friends and I drove out to 163 off of clairemont mesa and I'd say we were about 300 yards from a part of the fire and 400-500 from the bigass fire. It suddenly changed directions while we were taking photos atop my friend's xterra and all hell broke loose. It was like a movie, everything on the ground just lifted up and started flying and the winds turned violent and the flames and black smoke were nearing and all the ash in the air prevented us from being able to see anywhere. Thank god we were in the xterra, we got into some heavy curb hopping. And a note, the parking lot we watched from has been burned down along with its surrounding buildings.
            Today after 3:00 the sun was no longer visible and before that you could see a light orange glow, it's neat to be able to see the actual sun spots.
            These fires are insane, I wish the best to everyone in San Diego and I hope that luck is with you.. make sure you get your e30s away from danger, and don't forget to take important things like your birth certificate and such

what's the count on houses lost now? 881? ludicrous.

Comment

yea, those fires look pretty bad. ive seen a bit on the news and online, sorry for all you so cal people out there.
              it kinda reminds me when last year some kid lit up a his granddads backyard junkyard. burt the entire side of a mountain. the worst part was that there were thousands of tires in this guys "junkyard". who knows why or how there were all those tires but they were there. there was miles and miles and MILES of black smoke and smog from the tire smoke floating around teh roanoke vally. there was a picture from a plane that i remember of one "enclosed" part of the valley that was about 5 miles wide and tall, you could see the tops of all the mountains but the valley was completely filled with black smoke. it looked like a big green bowl of... well black smoke. that incident smelled, tasted and looked horrible for like 2 weeks.
              but yea, it only got like 4 (bum ass) houses so it cant really compair to what you guys in cal are goin through.
              98 M3/4/5

Comment

Working...
              X