New Aquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Aquisition

Just bought a new tow vehicle for the company. 8)
    2000 Ford F250(I think) PowerStroke Diesel
    25mpg @ 75mph... soo much better than our old 4.6l V8 F150.

get to test out its towing capacity tomorrow when I go pull the boats out of the lake and close our island down for the winter.

I'll post pics Monday or something. :up:
    Below the radar...

You have an island? Wow, I wish I had an island, I would turn it all Swiss family Robinson. How cool would that be?

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

hahaha!
      Yes we do, its small but ver quiet so a nice place to get away and relax. Has a cottage and a couple "beaches" 8)

Tomorrow we cut down some trees, and pull them away from the cottage with one of the boats... should be a fun time

truck arrived today,
      I was mistaken... my dad went to buy the PowerStroke, but passed on that to buy a 3/4 ton f150 5.4l V8 with plow. its also a 2000. Kick ass metalic dark blue. I'll try to snap pictures tomorrow with that and the other black f150, with the boats in tow! :up:
      Below the radar...

Comment

Kick ass! My dad bought a 2004 F350 a little while ago and it rules!
        -Ted

Comment

While we're on the subject of trucks (Arrr Arr ARRR ARRRRR)..

What do y'all think of the new Nissan Titan? I think I am definetly going to have to test drive one of these when they come out in December. Their half ton ("150") truck comes standard with a 5.6 litre V8, putting out 330 hp and 390 foot pounds of torque, with a towing capacity of 9300 pounds. This is from a "half ton" truck. Most half tons are rated at 5500-6k towing capacity. I know that nissan is a "japanese" manufacturer, owned by a french company no less, but the truck is built in the US, with all US parts content, so the "buy american" urge is served.

I drove one of the new F150's the other day, and while it's an excellent truck, it's too "nice" for my tastes. The fact that they don't offer a standard cab either is scary, that and it's a 28-30k truck.

-Charlie
          Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

do you have price numbers for titans?

my dad has a 2002 nissan frontier crewcab and we love it.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by SlammedE30
              -Ted
              Yeah they are sic! We looked at the Power Stroke Diesel, and decided it was over the top for what we needed. We would never use it to its full potential just towing boats/cars.

The new 5.4l has sooooooo much smoooooooth torque.
              Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
                Originally posted by SlammedE30
                -Ted
                Yeah they are sic! We looked at the Power Stroke Diesel, and decided it was over the top for what we needed. We would never use it to its full potential just towing boats/cars.

The new 5.4l has sooooooo much smoooooooth torque.
                That 5.4 is WEAK compared to the Titan. A 5000lb trailer is like nothing behind a Titan. 379 tq 80% available a 1K rpm, 90% before 2.5K. 305hp. Its faster than the Hemi Ram by quite a bit actually. The new F150, eh. Ford spent more money on that than any vehicle ever developed by any company and it falls way short of what it should be. The domestics should be very scared of the Nissan.
                Titan stats:
                305 hp
                379 tq
                9500lb max towing
                Wicked comfy
                Drives like a big sedan
                Only King or Crew cabs.
                Factory sprayed in bed liner
                Factory rail tie down system with marine style cleats
                Sounds badass
                Lots o'good stuff available and coming for it.

Comment

Working...
                X