Fires in SoCal are Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fires in SoCal are Bad

I am posting pictures taken this morning when I was working. I parked my car outside for about 4 hours. Realise that I am at least 30 miles from any of 6 major fires now burning in SoCal.

10:00 this morning as the fog finally cleared, This is all smoke in the air.

12:00 PM these pix were taken after my car had been parked outside for 4 hours. My car had just been washed on Thursday and was clean when I pulled it out of the garage this morning.

Just livin in the OC minus my E30

It looks bad on TV. Someone in my family lost their house to fire this past summer.
    Careful down there!
    Are they getting it under control?
    Spencer

Comment

The ash is moving north now too; we're starting to get it in Long Beach more tonight (about 10-15 miles NE of where Robert is). I can see the ash in my headlights as I drive and the cars in front of me are kicking up dust like it's a dirt road. My throat hurts after being outside for a while today with the M3 club. It was weird, we were having lunch and the sky looked orange outside; we assumed it was some tint on the window by our table, but when we walked out side it was actually a reddish orange color as far as you could see.
      Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Im in Santa Ana and weve been getting ash for the past two and a half days. My E30's black and right now its white. I wear its almost snowing outside;) I just got one of my Xenon in my ellipsoids and pointed it up right now, all I could is ash as far as I could see. In the morning and afternoon I could look straight at the sun and not need any sunglasses, the Sun was Orange and then I couldnt even see it at other times. I swaer that this orange Sun changed the color scheme of things around, flowers looked brighter and yellow looked bluish and blue looked greenish. Im tripping.Its late.

Comment

The Santa Ana winds have kicked in and this can only make the fires worse. Right now when a car drives down my street there is a huge dust cloud of ash begind it. The sky sigrey and the air smells like smoke. There are now 6 separate fires that they are battling in SoCal. None of these fores are more than 40% contained. IT is trully sad to see this.

Comment

This ash fell overnight. Believe it or not I washed both the cars 24hrs before the pics were taken.

Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

it was really bad last night out here in Diamond Bar, about 35-45 miles north of Adam, it seriously looked like it was snowing.

-karlo
              ________
              AIRSOFT RIFLE
              Last edited by Gr00v3; 05-12-2011, 10:10 AM.

m42brigade

r3v Photo Crew: Founding Member

Originally posted by Eurospeed
              Guys like him are the reason I love it when people do things to their cars that are different. It just like anytime Karlo posts a thread with pics of his car, I love watching all the elitist pricks on this site shit their pants when they see an E30 that doesn't fit their standards.

Comment

My grandparents from crecent city came down today, and like an hour later, it almost looks like the black highlander already!

Comment

Shit tell me about it, i live about 10-20 miles from the two biggest. Ive been choking on smoke for a few days. My shcool is closed for class tomarrow and tuesday because we lost a few temp classes, in the back half, plus smoke damage. Its getting kinda crazy down here. All of the freeways to the mtns are closed, and the homes evacuated. Lets hope for the best.

Brian

Comment

Speaking of these fires, has anyone heard from Randy Walters? I know he lives in the San Diego area....El Segundo (sp?), right?

Jon
                    Rides...
                    1991 325i - sold :(
                    2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Randy doesn't live near the fires. But like the rest of us is suffering the biproducts of them. I had to walk around with a dust mask on yesterday to keep the ashes out of my mouth. Iwouldn't even let my kids outside to play. It is much better in Orange County today though, the Santa Ana winds have died down.

These were taken yesterday morning:

Comment

Randy is in the Long Beach area.

Yes, San Diego is quite unpleasant. As of last report I heard, nearly 400 homes are gone. I spent most of the day yesterday evacuating my in-laws. They live in Ramona just off of Mussey Grade Road. I've never seen a wall of fire like what I saw yesterday. In one instance, it raced up a large hillside (approx 1 mile) in about 5 minutes. From the roof of their house, (the fire was approx 3/4 mile away) I saw one rather large home get consumed as the flames towered very high above the home. Even at the distance I was, the heat was unbelievable. My wife called me in the early afternoon to tell me to get home (Escondido) because they were possibly going to close the only road left open for me to get home as the Valley Center fire was entering Escondido from the NE. There seems to be fires everywhere in San Diego County from the Mexico border to Hwy 76. With a sizeable portion of our fire resources diverted to the greater LA area late last week, there isn't much left around here to take care of what is going on here.
                        Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

Has anyone heard from Ttrent. I know he lives down in the San Diego area as well. I hope everyone who lives in these fire stricken areas gets out OK. I have not seen fires like this since mid 80's and the Malibu Canyon fires.

Comment

trent's area is completely surrounded by fires. Jason (e30is4me) lives in Tierrasanta, some of which was consumed by the fire. Dave90is is alright but very close (within 1.5 miles) of the Tierrasanta fire. Doug (uberpanzer) can consider himself very lucky as he lives just above a very wooded canyon and the fire luckily didn't spread to that canyon, yet, as far as I know. JasonH is safer than some, but not safe if the winds start blowing again (Carmel Mountain). Hell, if the winds start blowing like they were yesterday, nobody will be safe. The fire jumped I-15 yesterday in its widest spot. I don't know exactly how many lanes wide it is at the Miramar area, but it is at least 8-10 lanes wide, maybe more with the 2 lane carpool in the median. I don't know what is going on down south of me in the Otay area and El Cajon area.
                            Don't forget the good things Hitler did.

Comment

Originally posted by rward325
                              Has anyone heard from Ttrent. I know he lives down in the San Diego area as well. I hope everyone who lives in these fire stricken areas gets out OK. I have not seen fires like this since mid 80's and the Malibu Canyon fires.
                              Hey, I appreciate the concern -- means a lot and I don't even know you!!! :cheers:. I am in east county san diego but I am nowhere in danger.

I wish the best to everybody...

Comment

Working...
                              X