X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sup slutz
    Originally posted by dvck
    I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      ugh that moment when you fix one thing on the E30 and discover another problem...
      Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
      Never approach an E30 thinking it only has one problem...
      Negativity..... or Realism....

Whatever it is, don't post like that after my post! :hitler:

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

My response came about because he seemed to direct that statement at me. had it been preceded with a disclaimer that it wasnt directed at me, fine.

that being said, I found a replacement E36 motor arm which was the easy part. now I have to deal with fixing the problem. thats easier said than done.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Not to chime in again on the motorcycle conversation, but Trey is absolutely right, of the people on here who have or had motorcycles all of us have crashed at one point, Ive been down 3 times, its the fact of life, it will happen if you ride.

Gear is paramount, but so is a safe bike, a cafe racer while being cool is not a) reliable in most aspects, b) not totally the safest bike and c) a money pit...ask me how I know

Omar is correct in you can get a fairly classic looking bike in the new caferacers, and they are reliable.

Avoiding the highways is one way of looking at being safe, I always enjoyed the highways for 1 reason, everyone is supposed to be going the same way, and as long as you dont white line, arnt stupid and follow traffic, you will be fine on the highway. City streets are the dangerous ones, oncoming traffic, turning cars, people simple not paying attention. Happens all the time on city streets.

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
          Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Ive been thinking about a motorcycle lately, but its simply not for me...
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

i put wheels on my car
              New wheels and tires by Matthew w wiseman, on Flickr
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

SoCal General Chat

​Man's Femur Goes Into His Ballsack After Motorcycle Crash [NSFW]

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425334885.957626.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	7173945
                I still want a bike.

Comment

im trying to download the bentley and other manuals and the links that are posted are all dead links :(
                  can anyone email them to me?
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    My response came about because he seemed to direct that statement at me. had it been preceded with a disclaimer that it wasnt directed at me, fine.
                    If you were responding back to me. I apologize.

I meant nothing by it, Im guilty of sarcasm and or joking on the net and forget its not easy to read that.

Good luck with your car. Wish me luck as I am about to go purchase that bearing puller and will most likely be renting it out the R3v community in the future.

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                    i put wheels on my car
                    Borbet C ?

jou ma se poes in 'n fishpaste jar.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post

Borbet C ?

They say made in the usa on the back and I got them for super cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by thebutcher37 View Post

I meant nothing by it, Im guilty of sarcasm and or joking on the net and forget its not easy to read that.

Good luck with your car. Wish me luck as I am about to go purchase that bearing puller and will most likely be renting it out the R3v community in the future.
                        haha it wasnt directed at you at all. I am extremely selfish and self centered so I was only commenting about discovering something broken on my car after changing the fuel filter and fuel lines. I will post pics once the broken piece is out.

Good luck in changing those bearings, regardless of the piece I discovered broken, it always feels good knowing that there is quality new parts replacing old parts. :up:
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                          Not to chime in again on the motorcycle conversation, but Trey is absolutely right, of the people on here who have or had motorcycles all of us have crashed at one point, Ive been down 3 times, its the fact of life, it will happen if you ride.

Gear is paramount, but so is a safe bike, a cafe racer while being cool is not a) reliable in most aspects, b) not totally the safest bike and c) a money pit...ask me how I know

Omar is correct in you can get a fairly classic looking bike in the new caferacers, and they are reliable.

Avoiding the highways is one way of looking at being safe, I always enjoyed the highways for 1 reason, everyone is supposed to be going the same way, and as long as you dont white line, arnt stupid and follow traffic, you will be fine on the highway. City streets are the dangerous ones, oncoming traffic, turning cars, people simple not paying attention. Happens all the time on city streets.
                          +1 on money pit. ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post

Avoiding the highways is one way of looking at being safe, I always enjoyed the highways for 1 reason, everyone is supposed to be going the same way, and as long as you don't white line, arent stupid and follow traffic, you will be fine on the highway. City streets are the dangerous ones, oncoming traffic, turning cars, people simple not paying attention. Happens all the time on city streets.
                            Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
                            +1 on money pit. ASK ME HOW I KNOW.
                            Hmm.. you are influencing my decision. The main idea is that I want to replace my 4 wheels with 2, to maintain mobility if/when I'm playing with the bimmer. Assuming I get a bike for $3k and spend $1k on gear, what bike could I possibly get which would be considered safe? Won't be a new one, that's for sure.

But I'm curious to know, what makes it a money pit, how's it different than the e30 being a money pit (if you would so consider)? I'm a becoming a tech in school, and I work at a shop, which happens to be next to a bike repair shop. I'm looking at bikes with some popularity so at least parts will be available. Not to mention, there's less things to go wrong on a little bike.

..so yes, I'm asking how you know :P

Currently building a badass coffee table
                            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                              Hmm.. you are influencing my decision. The main idea is that I want to replace my 4 wheels with 2, to maintain mobility if/when I'm playing with the bimmer. Assuming I get a bike for $3k and spend $1k on gear, what bike could I possibly get which would be considered safe? Won't be a new one, that's for sure.

But I'm curious to know, what makes it a money pit, how's it different than the e30 being a money pit (if you would so consider)? I'm a becoming a tech in school, and I work at a shop, which happens to be next to a bike repair shop. I'm looking at bikes with some popularity so at least parts will be available. Not to mention, there's less things to go wrong on a little bike.

..so yes, I'm asking how you know :P
                              My bike has been at the shop for 5 months and they've worked on it for 37 hours so far.. for a carb problem... YEAH. My bike is super obscure and I'm one of the few thats made one into a cafe racer/brat so it could be partly that, the other part could be that it has 4 goddamn carbs. Bikes are awesome, but for something that you actually plan on using (and having it available when you need it), go for a newer bike like a sv650 or if you're not into that, a bike that's simple to work on.

Gear is great but I think 1k is a bit much to spend. Ask yourself if you're really gonna wear all the gear every time you ride the bike.. I'd go for helmet, jacket, gloves, n work boots. :firehop:

Comment

Jesus, it shouldn't take long to solve a carb problem. I'll look into that bike, hopefully it's a good light starter bike for me. I haven't looked at gear yet so I don't know the price ranges.. but yeah, those items, for sure, I'll be wearing them. I don't want to be another statistic illustrating a missing jacket would have prevented excessive bleeding. Ew.

Paging steelo, and everyone wanting to go on the hike, are we still on for this Sunday?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                                Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Working...
                                X