Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 1989 325iS Schwarz Coupe MT

Hi All,

As you can see, I have not been an active member of the forum, so nobody will be able to vouch for me. However, I would like this car to go to someone who cares, and I'll be willing to chat, skype or whatever a bit extra in advance to address any serious questions. Selling this car because I am moving out of the country.

The previous owner had this car for about 20 years and insisted on maintaining it as a daily driver for that period. As such, it has seen maintenance several times over the current value of the car, has an excellent interior and very strong exterior condition, and all original creature comforts still work.

Color: Schwarz (086), Interior Black w/ Gray Carpet
    Odometer: 219k (stuck, ODO gears replaced but trip gears still jammed)
    Actual Miles: Est. 226k (records indicate ODO break within past 2yrs, I owned for 1yr and previous owner was garaging at that point)
    Asking Price: $6,200

Maintenance:
    - I am the 3rd owner
    - Maintenance records dating back to 1st owner @54k miles
    - All service since 76k miles completed at JustBMW and Jake Sweeney BMW in Cincinnati (happy to search any maintenance questions)
    ------------------------------------------------------
    - Radiator at 218k
    - $6.5k service in 2013 including rear drive axles replace and 2k of body work around rear subframe, too much to list
    - Alternator and power steering rack at 203k
    - New brake lines at 206k
    - Timing belt and water pump at 201k

The Good:
    - Interior condition is wonderful and very clean, only defects are a small tear in driver seat bolster and a couple of water mark/stains on plastic backing to driver/pass seats
    - Comes with set of Weathertech mats
    - Comes with set of color matching BMW carpet mats, though they might not be original
    - Comes with set of Blizzaks (not mounted)
    - A/C works, blower motor replaced in 2014
    - Aftermarket stereo & head unit, no crazy subs but sounds good to me
    - Paint looks great for 27 years old, naturally there are small chips and rust spots

The Interesting:
    - Clutch is allegedly original? It's not slipping...

The Bad:
    - Rust - spotty body panel rust (see pictures), not really noticeable from 10ft back. All remaining rust is repairable, all structurally-related rust was removed, repaired, and welded by previous owner within last couple years (records on file)
    - Oil leaks, I keep a quart in the back and give it an extra 1/4 quart every 3-4 fill ups or so-Will need valve cover gasket to reduce leak-Trans rear seals leak a bit -ABS is off - front wheel speed sensor wire sheathings likely frayed-Passenger outer ball joint & control arm are pretty worn
    - Exhaust is rusting, but still sealed/cruising on
    - 1 fog light bulb out, other fog light glass broken
    - Metal door lining above the passenger door has sadly vanished
    - Front badge has also vanished, but I have a replacement (no grommets on hand)

Of course, feel free to reach out here with any questions, and I'll be happy to field them!

Photos:
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like fickles.
    Last edited by fickles; 05-12-2016, 01:35 PM. Reason: Image link not working yet

Great car! Too bad about the rust, I think it scares most of us who must pay for bodywork off, but otherwise a beautiful e30. GLWS

Comment

FS: 1989 325iS Schwarz Coupe MT

Bump - by asking price, I meant the price that I was hoping for O.B.O. - price is flexible!

Comment

Update - price is listed on local craigslist at $5000

Comment

Working...
        X