TheTacoMan's build, Turbo'd, mflare'd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

That's wild. A buddy of mine actually just got a job with BoostLogic.

Comment

It very interesting what he did and how he set up the wastegates, I can already tell with a sequential turbo setup and an m20 there will be clearance issues which would require a one off manifold. Plus the more I read, boost control seems to be a logistical nightmare. Twin charging however using a roots supercharger may be a better option for earlier tq as boost is controlled by a pulley.
        Further readings has shown that methanol injection into the supercharger does not damage it, where as injecting it into the inlet as I am has effectively pitted 70% of the blades.

Im not sure what I want to do with this m20, but it will be something different and crazy.

Comment

Ive decided what the future of this m20 holds, current plan is to sell some of the existing setup in preparation. Any body looking for a mostly complete m20 setup?

Comment

I've decided to do a compound boost like that for next season with a stroked 3.0L m20...as for clearance issues.. I'm just gonna cut a hole in the hood.

I was also thinking twin charge but polak seems to think drifting will overheat the SC... I tend to agree.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
            -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

I think with methanol, a twin charged setup could keep cool. Compound turbos will definitely be interesting.

Comment

Gonna run meth either way. I'm also concerned about throwing the SC belt from constant Rev limiter abuse.

Compound sounds like a better route. Though I'm concerned with oil needs and cooling as well. Thinking a rear mounted cooler and pump for the turbos.

Comment

Clearance and Controlling the boost ends up being the issue that I think anyone would run into on the m20. It just becomes really expensive with the one off manifold need and the extra wastegate, and turbo. Id like to do it, but not now. Plus im sure a supercharger would run wicked hot drifting on the r3vlimiter for an extended period of time, Im not planning on drifting this car nearly as much as you already do haha.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                    Clearance and Controlling the boost ends up being the issue that I think anyone would run into on the m20. It just becomes really expensive with the one off manifold need and the extra wastegate, and turbo. Id like to do it, but not now. Plus im sure a supercharger would run wicked hot drifting on the r3vlimiter for an extended period of time, Im not planning on drifting this car nearly as much as you already do haha.
                    Lol yep I've thought of it... Not cheap at all. Just got the prices for the 3.0L... About 7k to build her not counting ms, tune, turbos, manifold, or injectors. All in all I think this is easily a 10-12k build.

Comment

Turbos are so lame.....
                      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

On a different note, I need a driveshaft that's in good condition/rebuilt. I had to get a junkyard piece cause no one on here had one. Any body?

Comment

Working...
                        X