Stroker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stroker question

Hey guys, so I've been looking at power options for my m20 for a while now. I've looked at turbos and superchargers, and now I'm looking at strokers. I know they don't have the same power capabilities that FI does, but they seem to pretty cost effective, and it would be cool to stay traditional and run natural aspiration.

At the least I want to do my 2.5 out to 3.0. However a quick check on Ireland shows there's also a 3.1 conversion. They're the same price... I tried searching the forums and didn't come up with anything useful off my search... Just that 3.1 conversions are much less common.

So why is that? Are the 3.1s just straight grenades or what? I guess maybe there's extra headwork involved for the extra .1 liters? Let me know.
    Last edited by Sykohtic; 05-04-2014, 08:30 AM.

you either use the 89.6 mm stroker crank from S52B32 / M54B30 or the 86 mm stroke crank from S50B30US which is a little harder to find and depending on what bore you use (IE do 85mm IIRC)

86 85 2928cc
    86 86 2997cc
    89.6 85 3051cc
    89.6 86 3123cc

basically no additional cost or complexity except perhaps the slightly less clearance in the block of the bigger crank might need a bit of clearancing but not difficult at all. dependign what rods you might need to shave the intermediate drive shaft for the oil pump again no big deal but if you buy one from MM it is an extra expense (modify it yourself if needed)
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
    X