No announcement yet.

M20 knocked. Want some advice pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valves leak. Taking it apart tomorrow and gonna to through with the rebuild. I'll have the shop repair reserfsce and clean the head and I'll be do the lapping and valve seals. While the head is at the shop I'll uncover the 2.7 block and see what's up.

Comment

So made a slight change. I decided to give my head to a shop and have them do everything, while I work on the block. They are doing everything for a good price, plus they hooked me up with some cheap oem parts. Now im having them mill .01"/.254mm off of my head figured that is a decent amount to where i wont have to mess with my cam timimg/degree, but enough to get the the compression up a bit. Talked to the head mechanic there, and he said that is about as far as i should go before i need to mess with the timing. So is there anyway i can approximate what my compression would be now, using an oem replacement (goetze) headgasket. Its just for my curiousity. Does anyone know how to calculate it?

Comment

Question. Can I use the dual mass flywheel on te b27 block? Or do I need a single mass now?

Comment

Alright. I'm stumped with this part. What do I do with the oil cooler. Eta's didn't use oil coolers. Sooo. Do I not need one now?? That would be easiest. Obviously

Comment

Working...
          X