Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylinders 1,5, and 6 Not firing

Hey guys,

So as the title says cylinders 1, 5 and 6 are not firing. I know that I am getting spark to the spark plug wires and I assume that the spark plugs are still good. I just put all 6 spark plugs in a couple weeks ago and the car has only been turned on once (for 30 seconds) since then. The plugs were used but were all the same, same age, and all looked to be in good shape. I cleaned them before I put them in. I will double check tonight (or tomorrow night) that the plugs are still good by pulling them and grounding them on the head to be able to see the spark.

I'm assuming the injectors are bad but I would like to trouble shoot other ideas before I pull the intake manifold and clean them. The car was sitting for 4+ years until I got it running last night. Car is 1986 325es.

Thanks for the help
    1986 BMW 325es White 2 Door 5spd
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    2012 Subaru WRX Limited PBP

You don't need to pull the intake. Remove the valve cover and injector harness, undo the 4 10mm hex bolts and the rail will slide between the head and manifold with injectors attached.

Before doing that, though, if you have the round connector for the injectors, test continuity from the injector plugs back to the ECU. That round connector is a common failure.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      You don't need to pull the intake. Remove the valve cover and injector harness, undo the 4 10mm hex bolts and the rail will slide between the head and manifold with injectors attached.

Before doing that, though, if you have the round connector for the injectors, test continuity from the injector plugs back to the ECU. That round connector is a common failure.
      ok great, thanks! I believe that the connector was rectangular. I'll try to Google the ECU pinout
      1986 BMW 325es White 2 Door 5spd
      1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
      2012 Subaru WRX Limited PBP

Comment

Working...
      X