No announcement yet.

Bay Area Bimmers needed for article profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, if I'm honest with y'all, this is a bigger response than I was expecting (loving the car pics as well...I miss my ix). With that in mind, I'd like to propose an amendment to my earlier request that will still serve the needs of the article and provide an opportunity to have a little fun as well.

Who would be interested in attending a meetup? I'd like to try and hold the meet on the 26th at the Alameda Naval Air Station and open it to all e30s. I'll keep all the details in this thread since the main focus of the meet will be for the article, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a very fun time otherwise. This would give me an opportunity to interview/photograph a number of people and their cars. The same disclaimer applies in that you and your car may not be featured, but I'd post the images to an online file share for folks to download if they'd like.

Let me know what you think and I'll see about putting something together. Thanks in advance for your replies and input!

Comment

I think I can make it down there for that.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Jglaze View Post
        Who would be interested in attending a meetup? I'd like to try and hold the meet on the 26th at the Alameda Naval Air Station and open it to all e30s. I'll keep all the details in this thread since the main focus of the meet will be for the article, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a very fun time otherwise. This would give me an opportunity to interview/photograph a number of people and their cars. The same disclaimer applies in that you and your car may not be featured, but I'd post the images to an online file share for folks to download if they'd like.

Let me know what you think and I'll see about putting something together. Thanks in advance for your replies and input!
        I'd be down. I live(d) over on bay farm and wouldn't mind driving over. By the way, is the red iX in your avatar your car?
        I remember seeing that car ALL over the place back in high school. I think I tried chasing you down once over by my cousins house off High st...

Anyways, I'd be interested. I'm getting back on Friday so it'd give me time to wash the car....wish hasn't been washed in 3 months :D

Best,
        Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
        1983 Peugeot 505 STI
        1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
        2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

I'd be down, did my first photoshoot out on Alameda haha.
          Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Face to put to "The Collector" that Stancework put together.

Nice site!

Petrolicious is a leading automotive lifestyle brand providing world class short films and tasteful editorial around the world’s finest classic vehicles.
            SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
            IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
            BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

meet/shoot sounds fun, might do.
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Oh hell yeah, so down for a base meet.
                sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

i'll cum for le meet

Comment

Maybe this should could be a vid/shoot of bay area e30 owners. There's a ton of us out here, that would be super rad.
                    Got all da Alpine bitches mad cuz my main bitch Calypso.

Comment

Haha this would be sick. Hell, I'll bring my camera too. :D
                      Just WAY too convenient to refuse...

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

i gots a 87 s50 swapped e30 that doesnt run in my driveway lol

Patrick - IG:niicknac
                        RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

I'm down for sure. It be lots of fun..

Comment

Wow, I'm excited. I'll work out the details this weekend and post back to this thread with an update.

I don't do video myself, but if someone wants to rock their DV and get some footage, more power to ya! I know petrolicious is always on the lookout for new talent and contributions.

Comment

Looking forward to it. Just the fact that it's in Alameda is crazy.
                              In all of my 19 years of living in Alameda, I never remember there being a meet of any sort there..

1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon

Comment

Hope everyone had a nice extended weekend. I'd like to propose that we meet at the estuary parking lot past the ferry terminal on main street in Alameda at 1PM on Saturday 26th. The ferry terminal is at 2990 Main Street, Alameda CA 94501 and the parking lot I'm referring to is about a quarter mile past the ferry terminal on the right side of the road.

We can take some time there so I can get some photos and talk to y'all for the article. Right now it looks like there's a 20% chance of rain with showers likely the day before, but hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Let me know if this works for everyone or if you need any further info. Hope to see you there!

-jg

Comment

Working...
                                X