325i intake on 325e, final questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325i intake on 325e, final questions

I was wondering before I start getting ready to swap this back to stock if the previous owner created any performance boosts with this setup..

currently it is a stock airflow sensor, cold air intake, going into a 325I throttle connected to a 325I intake. I believe the injectors are still stock but I am not 100% sure. there is still a 325e cold start valve, kind of franken-gasketed on to the manifold. the intake boot is a 325i, the hose routing quite frankly confuses me a little bit. and he moved the fuel pump relay somewhere else :O

he put in an ETA performance chip by turner motorsports (this one to be exact: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-41...ance-chip.aspx)
    and we have a 325I cluster but the speedometer appears to be from the original stock cluster. I have also swapped the gas guage into this cluster for accurate readings.

So essentially, I went to a pick n pull and took a 325e intake off of one that looked to be in pretty good shape, needs to be cleaned or bead blasted but otherwise looks really good.

I am wondering if I will lose any performance by making the throttle and intake stock again?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by poplars View Post
    I am wondering if I will lose any performance by making the throttle and intake stock again?
    No
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

cool, then I will be doing that promptly. any ideas as to where he may have relocated the fuel pump relay???

Comment

found the fuel pump relay. now to replace this fuel filter...

Comment

you would only want a b25 manifold on a eta if it used the 731 or 885 head to avoid creating a large step down in area. nevertheless unless you have the i-cam and 885head (or modified 731) the manifold is a miss match from a power band perspective
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

yeah I think the previous owner was going to do an 885 head swap btu didnt get around to it... back to stock it goes!!!

Comment

so now I am even more baffled.

I pulled the fuel pump relay, and the fuel pump did not turn off and my car continued to idle... wtf?

Comment

You may have pulled the O2 heater relay. Since the relay sockets clip into the holder there is no assurance that they are now in the original configuration. You have to look at the wiring diagrams (http://wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm) and the wires to see which relay is which. It is also possible that some "creative" rewiring has been done.
                The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
                Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

so it turns uot he did, it was the relay to the far right instead, but it definitely worked this time :)

Comment

replacement went great, definitely driving a lot better now. also tested the TPS while I was in there and found that it is either bad or grossly out of adjustment.

guess that explains a lot of my idle issues huh? :) going to replace it tomorrow, will keep you all postedd.

Comment

so I replaced it, and the fuel pressure regulator, separately, both made 0 difference.

once again I am baffled, I have no idle without the throttle stop screw, and my idle control valve is new. *baffled*.

Comment

the car is running better, but the idle wont occur without the throttle stop screw, and I feel like I detect a subtle amount of hesitation or rough running, like maybe a small vac leak somewhere but Im not sure..

gonna definitely be hitting up the mechanic on this one... I"m out of ideas and patience.

Comment

Originally posted by poplars View Post
                          the car is running better, but the idle wont occur without the throttle stop screw, and I feel like I detect a subtle amount of hesitation or rough running, like maybe a small vac leak somewhere but Im not sure..

gonna definitely be hitting up the mechanic on this one... I"m out of ideas and patience.
                          Keep updating your progress because I have not yet installed my m20 and if I ever run into this id love to know how to fix it, also if you have any spare m20 parts or know anyone who does please let me know. I just got my m20 and 260getrag trNs from a junkyard and the loom was cut along with the shifter and the driveshaft so I'm missing a bit of goods and i have no cooling system

Comment

Working...
                          X