Headed to cali for a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikazamay View Post
    Phil's BBQ is pretty good. Maybe try a California burrito, its a San Diego thing.
    I'll see if her sister knows where this is and where to get these burritos. We have pretty good burritos out here at Moe's Southwestern Grill. Things are fire.

Originally posted by Thizzelle View Post
    golden gate bridge, Exploratorium, Golden gate park, academy of science in golden gate park. pier 39. hippie ass Berkley. crooked street. SF Giants stadium although fuck them. drive around Stanford university and meet Cab haha
    Doing the Bridge, I had absolutely no idea about the Exploratorium. We're doing that for sure, it looks awesome! We put Crooked street on the agenda as well.

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
    In San Diego just expose yourself to as much beach as you can. It's been getting amazing here lately and every part of it is beautiful. Try all the hundreds of breweries and I'd just about call that a good quick start ;)

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
    pacific coast highway is a nice drive if you have the extra time.
    hearst castle is on the way. all the beach towns along that highway are cool.
    Hearst Castle is on the list of places to go now too. I love places like this.

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
    if youre gonna be here mid august got to monterey car week. your head will explode
    UUUGGGGHHHH! I wish, we're headed up the 16th till the 23rd of July. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty bitter about this lol.

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
    Born and Raised SoCal so I can chime in there

San Diego is the shiz
    Make sure you visit Coronado beach, enjoy the sights around Coronado, and maybe check it the Midway Museum is pretty awesome as well. Renting/Bringing a bike and cruising the city is nice too. In San Diego currently and it's amazing

As you head up more on the coast, Newport Beach and Laguna Beach are amazing. Both places have some nice places to eat near the beach. Huntington is the biggest beach that everyone goes to, and the Boardwalk is nice on it; my only gripe is there are no substantial places to eat.
    Sweeeeet another museum, I can't get enough of these places to visit, seriously. I've never heard of Coronado, but we'll for sure try to make it out there. Laguna Beach is on the plate, her sister loves it out there.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    Drive as much of Highway 1 as you can handle. Then contemplate moving out here because the rest of the country wont compare
    PCH is a must, going to be spending as much as the drive as possible on there.

Forgot to mention
    If you're cruising Hwy 1 (PCH), you will want to stop at Santa Monica to visit the Pier, the Promenade, and the local ethnic eateries right there on the beach. It I the nicer part of LA, and if you like San Diego while you're down here, you'll love Monica

+1 to eventually going to Hearst Castle. Been there once and it was an amazing experience, especially the drive there up PCH. The view is incredible

You'll want to stop by Santa Cruz definitely after that.

:Nice:
    Santa Monica Pier and the Promenade sound cool. The woman says its nice out there. For sure making that stop

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
    +1 for driving via pch and stopping in the beach towns in so cal. I live in Laguna Beach so if you want any tips for the best beaches/places to eat, hit me up.

I'm always up for suggestions on where to shovel food in my mouth! hah.

Thanks so much for all these places guys, seriously. I had asked her sister and bf what to do, and all they said was " lets just goto Vegas and party"... I just wanna know what everyone is always rambling about when they talk about Cali. Hopefully I get to see some West Coast E30s as well!
    Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
    LSx e36TI coming soon
    Originally posted by s0urce
    Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
      Sweeeeet another museum, I can't get enough of these places to visit, seriously. I've never heard of Coronado, but we'll for sure try to make it out there. Laguna Beach is on the plate, her sister loves it out there.
      At first, I thought this was sarcastic lol

If you head to Coronado, make sure you take the Coronado ferry. It happens every hour on the hour and is located right next to the Midway Museum; $10 a person per round trip, so it's a cheap and awesome experience.

Comment

Can I tag along? :]
        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
        1991 318is - Sold
        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Phil's BBQ us good but if you make it as far down to PB you can ride the old wooden roller coaster at Belmont (and PB is a hot spot to hang out in, bars up and down the strip and lots of hot chicks.) And then you just cross the bridge and go to OB onto sunset cliffs until you get to Newport and there's a local BBQ shop called BBQ House and they cut the meat off the bone for you. It tastes the bomb.

There's also Balboa Park and they have free days so check the calendar. Balboa Park is next to the zoo, and our zoo is world renown. Our wild animal park is too and that's farther north but both are worth seeing.
          Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

There's a burger joint called the shake shack a couple minutes north of laguna on PCH that has some good burgers and an awesome view.

Another good burger joint is Umami burger, stuff is straight fire but the view isn't as good.
            '91 325i

Comment

Not sure if there's much to do while you're in Hayward.....I've only driven through it on my way to/from San Jose. When you got to SF, you have a shit ton of options on things to see/do. I guess it depends on A) how much time you have, B) what interests you, and C) are you in your own vehicle or using some form of public transit.

What to be the walking tourist? Bring comfortable shoes and check these out....

Market Square
              Pier 39
              Fisherman's Wharf
              Chinatown
              The Exploratorium
              Giants stadium
              Ride the trolly (this can be impossible on the weekends due to tourists)

Got a rented/borrowed car? Go check these spots out.....

Drive up Hwy 1 to Stinson Beach (stop by Sausalito and smell the money)
              Golden Gate National Recreation Area (Marin Headlands)
              Marine Mammal Center
              Golden Gate Park
              Presidio
              The Great Highway (heading south) to Pacifica

Jon
              Rides...
              1991 325i - sold :(
              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by smooth View Post
                There's also Balboa Park and they have free days so check the calendar. Balboa Park is next to the zoo, and our zoo is world renown. Our wild animal park is too and that's farther north but both are worth seeing.
                Free Tuesdays are only for residents. Still worth it if theres time available to wander around there.
                sigpic

Comment

Coming to California july 14-20, probably 15 an 16 in and around LA, probably 19th in SF, visited these areas 2 years ago, any recurring bmw/car meets? Anyone want to grab in n out, or food In either city?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Check out the wharf in Santa Cruz and ride the Big Dipper Roller coaster.

Comment

And the aquarium in Monterey.

Comment

Hearing all these places...brings back memories. I wish I was 13 again.

Comment

At first, I thought this was sarcastic lol
                          lol. 100% genuine

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
                          Can I tag along? :]
                          lets do this!

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
                          There's a burger joint called the shake shack a couple minutes north of laguna on PCH that has some good burgers and an awesome view.

Another good burger joint is Umami burger, stuff is straight fire but the view isn't as good.
                          sounds good, Gonna be soaking up the west coast views as much as poss.

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                          Not sure if there's much to do while you're in Hayward.....I've only driven through it on my way to/from San Jose. When you got to SF, you have a shit ton of options on things to see/do. I guess it depends on A) how much time you have, B) what interests you, and C) are you in your own vehicle or using some form of public transit.

What to be the walking tourist? Bring comfortable shoes and check these out....

Market Square
                          Pier 39
                          Fisherman's Wharf
                          Chinatown
                          The Exploratorium
                          Giants stadium
                          Ride the trolly (this can be impossible on the weekends due to tourists)

Got a rented/borrowed car? Go check these spots out.....

Drive up Hwy 1 to Stinson Beach (stop by Sausalito and smell the money)
                          Golden Gate National Recreation Area (Marin Headlands)
                          Marine Mammal Center
                          Golden Gate Park
                          Presidio
                          The Great Highway (heading south) to Pacifica

Jon
                          I really wanna do the trolly. I should be able to, I'm in Cali weds to weds.

Originally posted by ahlem View Post
                          Check out the wharf in Santa Cruz and ride the Big Dipper Roller coaster, And the aquarium in Monterey.
                          we have a wooden coaster here in Miami, thing is beyond sketchy. Makes it more fun!

Originally posted by peter321 View Post
                          Hearing all these places...brings back memories. I wish I was 13 again.
                          lol relive your childhood man!
                          LSx e36TI coming soon

Comment

Drive up hwy 1 and stop by restaurants, beaches, ects. That's what my wife and I did after bimmerfest. Plan to travel two days because one day isn't enough. Have fun and enjoy California.
                            Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

So I sit here on the plane now waiting to go back home. I seriously had a blast in Cali. I did a lot of what you guys recommend, thank you!

The sights were beautiful, the total lack of Miami humidity was awesome, and the food was great.

I'm loaded right now with a California burrito(good luck to the other passengers the plane), I don't like in n out..don't judge me! Jack in the box kills em.

Totally coming back in December to do the rest of what is on the list that I didn't have time to. Thank you all again!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
                              LSx e36TI coming soon

Comment

Working...
                              X