Who makes a Good Electric impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes a Good Electric impact

I don't have a great compressor and I have a Ryobi 18v impact that is okay but I need a powerful one probably 120v I was looking at the Dewalt that is rated a 350 lb ft but it does not have great reviews people saying it is under powered
    1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
    2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
    2011 BMW X5 35I

Snap on if you have the money.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

why not put money into a better compressor? i feel like most big electric impacts are a bummer. snap on is probably good but will cost you a used honda and your first born.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
      IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Ingersol rand

Comment

I hated my Snap on 3/8 impact because the batteries are old technology for top dollar.

Currently using the Milwaukee m18 lineup with li-on batteries in a professional environment daily and it has been excellent.

Honestly the voltage whether DC or AC isn't going to make much difference. Milwaukee has the xc batteries for $100 each, which will work with all the tools in the m18 linup. And the brushless models deliver enough torque to rival even the best air powered impact wrenches. Their half inch fuel model below puts out 900ft lbs in reverse. Hell my air powered IR only does 1000 for comparison.

Now that I see the price has come down o think I'm going to pick one of those up myself.

PS from a professional stand point, air is becoming obsolete anyway. With the run times of modern batteries, combined with the very capable torque output and lack of a hose to drag around, air is a very last resort these days. My air impact wrench barely sees the light of day, and my current 1/2 inch m18 is only rated at 400ft lbs, but there's not much it won't do.

Tbh as soon as they figure out how to make a battery powered air hammer, I'll be just about ready to ditch thevhose for good.

PPS. Dewault, ryobi, and craftsman battery tools all suck. They are a waste of money and do not even compare to the lineups offered by Ingersoll Rand, Milwaukee, rigid, ect. I know I'm really pushing the Milwaukee here, but I use them every day, have 2 xc batteries, 2 impacts and a drill that all run off the same batteries. It really is a great setup. A little pricey to get everything together but completely worth it.
          Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 07-27-2014, 06:35 AM.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I had the Milwaukee and it is a great product that will take a lot of beating and works as advertised.

Comment

i have the milwaukee 18v 1/2" impact wrench. it is awesome. i also have the corded milwaukee 3/4" electric impact wrench. that thing will twist the tits off a wart hog.

probably there are better brands out there but neither of these have ever let me down. sometimes the 18v doesn't have enough torque to break really stubborn nuts loose, but the 3/4" has never failed to unscrew anything. hell, sometimes it breaks the bolt off.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

My garage is full of BMW's so I don't have space for a bigger compressor not to mention it is something I may need half a dozen times a year
                2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

i have a 20v Li dewalt. it works pretty good. I have taken off lugs and a spindle nut with it before. but ive also had bolts i couldnt break with a weak battery even tho its Lithium and not supposed to be like that

Comment

Absolutely get something that plugs in. Nothing more infuriating that an electric tool which slowly degrades in performance. Cordless is nice, but you already have to deal with an airline if you're pneumatic so a cord shouldn't be a big deal. Blue Point (Snap-on) makes one you can pick up for about $200 that puts out 350ft/lbs of torque.

Comment

Just get an upright 80 gal air compressor takes up like max 9 square feet. Once you have a good one you'll use it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have Ridgid tools for work I wish they made a Big Impact they are Similar to Milwakee because they are owned by the same company

I just don't want to invest in a new line of tools

I still have the ryobi impact but sold all the rest of the ryobi tools because they were junk
                        2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

I am slowy swapping all my power tools over to milwakee from dewalt as ll my xrp batteries sre going to shit and cost of replacment is not that much more than new gear
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Never found an air cord annoying...plus I can switch out to any tool I need from 3/8-1/2, air grinders and die grinders. I use a cheap Craftsman 1/2 impact, does the job well for lug nuts etc. Got it for my birthday, granted I did asked for the IR W7150. Really depends on what you want to do with it? If I was limited on space, I would build a small cubby outside with a hose fed into the garage. I do not ever see air going obsolete, those that think batteries will take over fully are just casual weekend mechanics. Batteries fade in time and need to be replaced, air tools are not that expensive and you get 5 years EASY out of an IR.

I do love having a cordless for when I want to do light work, if I want to crack the crank bolt off the front of an m20, I'll use my air hose.

Don't waste your money on Snapon, I made that mistake and got their air 1/2 impact total shit.

Posted above and I'll 1+ it, this is the best one for the money. Just waiting for my craftsman one to die out so I can replace it with this one.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I have no complaints with my Dewalt DW292K. I primarily use mine for wheels and quickly changing blades on the tractor. Bought it used with set of sockets from a pawn shop.

My FIL has one and is constantly recycling anything he can get his hands on. No issues with his either.

Comment

Working...
                              X