Who makes a Good Electric impact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F34R View Post
    those that think batteries will take over fully are just casual weekend mechanics.
    I beg to differ. They already have for many. Yes batteries fade but the convenience makes them worth it. Even when they start do die you just leave one on the charger all the time and you'd be surprised how long you can stretch their life.

At the end of the day its a matter of preference.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I got a dewalt 1/2 impact thing is a tank. Used a craftsman one as well and it's nice.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Milwaukee or nothing
        sigpic

Comment

I speak from experience of being a contractor for the last 16 years, batteries fade, die and fail a lot. I have used everything from Snapon, Bosch, IR, Milwaukee, Craftsman etc they all have failed where my corded power drill never fades or needs to get a fresh battery. For the convenience, YES I agree they are amazing, but taking over? nope.

Like I said, it all depends on what job you're doing and picking the right tool to complete the job is all that matters. Being from NY and working on cars part time for my Uncle's shop, you run into nuts that have only seen salt and refuse to let go, we had a Snapon cordless 1/2 and would not get the job done. For small to med jobs I would be a hypocrite to say I don't use one. Every avid junk yard goer SHOULD have one in their box...if not you have no idea what you're missing out on! Transmission can be out and on the ground in under an hour.

I stand by what I said and believe cordless to be extremely useful, but air tools are not going anywhere, they will always hit harder and MUCH more versatile with what can be attached. Longer life, no fade and gets the job done.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I just found it interesting that my opinion comes from a 10 year full time line technician. But yet only weekend mechanics would feel that way.

I'm telling you, that at the last dealership I turned wrenches at, there were guys to my sides that used a battery tool 90% of the time, myself included.

And I mentioned earlier, the new brushless impacts are quickly closing the gap between air and electric. They are damn near 1000ft lbs, which is what my trusty IR puts out.

This thread is officially off topic.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Panasonic makes the best cordless tools. I've had many of them over the last 20+ years and they're all still in great working order.

Comment

I have a Bosch lithium battery one you can pick up at Lowe depot. It's perfect for removing wheels and one battery last an entire track weekend being whored out like the good little impact it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                X