My "Great White Buffalo" restoration.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My "Great White Buffalo" restoration.

I just picked her up before I left for deployment.

I have been slowly ordering parts through the Forum and several websites to restore her back to original. (Besides the rims and lowering kit.) I will try to update this thread as soon as I get back with pictures of tear down and restore.
    Last edited by goskidmark; 12-06-2015, 05:28 PM. Reason: No one cares about my parts list.

Did you look on realoem?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
      Did you look on realoem?
      I just found out about that site a few days ago. I found some things, but not everything.

Comment

Some Progress.

My cluster is finished and should be there before I return home to the states. Greg over at BR has been very patient and polite. I have a lot more to update, so stay tuned if your into restorations.

Sneak peak:
        Last edited by goskidmark; 08-21-2015, 06:42 AM. Reason: Missed things.

Comment

That meter in the bottom left is sweet.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
            That meter in the bottom left is sweet.
            BR Offers it as an option. George here on the forums also makes one that takes the place of a single switch blank above the radio, and the cost is considerably less than this one being built directly into the cluster.

Comment

Day one of being back home. Parts sorting time!

How the car sits now:

I wanted to thank everyone from R3v for helping me out with things and selling me a huge amount of parts!
              Last edited by goskidmark; 08-28-2015, 09:59 AM. Reason: Added things.

Comment

I had a chance to get out and air the tires up. I filled it up with fresh gas as well. I went inside and noticed the smell of gas after 10 minutes of being inside. I then went back out to the garage and jacked it up, and I noticed it dripping on the floor from the left side. There was a pretty big dent from the car being lowered so much and the previous owner smacking it on something. The leak did not come from there though. It came from up top.

Pulled this sucker out and notice these discrepancies:

The puddle up top came from this bad seal. Part# 16-11-1-744-369-M82 if anyone needs it. I ordered the wrong seal the first time.

What the shit!? Uncovered wires are dangerous!:

What damn spring set is this? It's too low for me. I'm going to trade them.:

To be continued...
                Last edited by goskidmark; 09-28-2015, 08:54 AM. Reason: Editing reasons.

Comment

Progress is slow, but maintenance was required:

I changed the oil and found out the previous owner stripped out the oil drain hole threads. I took it out after the oil change for a short "around the block lap", and it began to overheat! Time to figure out if it's the clutch fan or water pump. That's my luck though. It rains vagina, and I walk outside only to get hit in the mouth with a dick.

Comment

Looking good!! The cluster is beautiful, I may have to look into the single volt meters made by the guy on here if I can find his thread!! Subbed!!
                    _keepitgutter
                    88 Alpine white Super Eta

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Sindoni View Post
                      Looking good!! The cluster is beautiful, I may have to look into the single volt meters made by the guy on here if I can find his thread!! Subbed!!
                      Thank you! Here is the link to George's thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...tal+volt+meter

Comment

Found these next to the front passenger headlight just sitting next to the air-conditioning hard line:

Time to find out what they are, and where they need to be.

Comment

Originally posted by goskidmark View Post
                          Thank you! Here is the link to George's thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...tal+volt+meter
                          Super pumped thanks man, just messaged him. Also those parts that you just posted wondering what they are, it's for your windshield wiper fluid holder. One goes on top for the pump and one is the level. They both just plug into the fluid holder
                          _keepitgutter
                          88 Alpine white Super Eta

Comment

one on the left appears to be a level sensor. As it it trips a dummy light when the level of some fluid goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Sindoni View Post
                              It's for your windshield wiper fluid holder. One goes on top for the pump and one is the level. They both just plug into the fluid holder
                              Thank you!

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                              one on the left appears to be a level sensor. As it it trips a dummy light when the level of some fluid goes down.
                              Thank you as well! What the heck do the three wires go to? I assume it use to be a plug of some sort.
                              Last edited by goskidmark; 09-11-2015, 02:57 PM. Reason: Goofed on quoting.

Comment

Working...
                              X