Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, so much derpy derp, I will outline it a bit better when I am not at work
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Wow, so much derpy derp, I will outline it a bit better when I am not at work
      i hope you'll come up with something more interesting than tired insults like "derpy derp". that shit's basic, dude.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
        i hope you'll come up with something more interesting than tired insults like "derpy derp". that shit's basic, dude.
        Its hard to read what you write and not conclude "derp" because that's the way it comes across.

And of course he will come up with something more substantial, he almost always does.
        Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
        Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
        Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

I'm definitely on sleeve and marshall's side here, decay I don't know how you can agree with this "civil disobedience" because:

Civil Disobedience is marching down the street without a permit to do so, or sitting at a lunch counter where you're not wanted. That's Civil Disobedience. The people being disobedient are proving a point while ensuring that it's done in a way that doesn't put other lives in danger.

Destruction of property isn't civil disobedience. Civil disobedience can turn into destruction of property when people forget what they are ultimately protesting for. Like marches that turn into violent riots. Looting and vandalism don't really prove that people should be treated in a more fair fashion, it just further solidifies the racism that was there to begin with because it strengthens, not diminishes the inherent prejudice.

Cutting into the pipeline in an attempt to cause a spill to prove that the pipeline poses a danger to the environment isn't civil disobedience, it's destruction of property. That destruction of property occurred because people forgot what they were protesting for in the first place, protection of the environment. In no way does harming the environment help protect it. Cut off your nose to spite your face isn't a defense in my book worthy of anything but sheer stupidity.

Honestly, this pipeline will ultimately be safer than many others that run over countless thousands of miles because of the heat that's being placed upon its building. I'm not in the industry, and I will never claim to know the ins and outs of laying pipeline such as this, however, there is a need for the pipeline to be built, the planning stages have been gone through, and now there is protest, I'd say that people are sour because they missed the boat. Until we can find a safe, reliable, and inexpensive energy source, oil and NG are it, that's the world we live in. No sense in sabotaging a pipeline that's already built.

Comment

Sorry had to work late last night I will get a post typed up soon, I just love people talking out their ass about an industry very very few people know anything. The assume is so strong in the thread
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mbonder View Post
              I'm definitely on sleeve and marshall's side here, decay I don't know how you can agree with this "civil disobedience" because:

Civil Disobedience is marching down the street without a permit to do so, or sitting at a lunch counter where you're not wanted. That's Civil Disobedience. The people being disobedient are proving a point while ensuring that it's done in a way that doesn't put other lives in danger.

Destruction of property isn't civil disobedience. Civil disobedience can turn into destruction of property when people forget what they are ultimately protesting for. Like marches that turn into violent riots. Looting and vandalism don't really prove that people should be treated in a more fair fashion, it just further solidifies the racism that was there to begin with because it strengthens, not diminishes the inherent prejudice.

Cutting into the pipeline in an attempt to cause a spill to prove that the pipeline poses a danger to the environment isn't civil disobedience, it's destruction of property. That destruction of property occurred because people forgot what they were protesting for in the first place, protection of the environment. In no way does harming the environment help protect it. Cut off your nose to spite your face isn't a defense in my book worthy of anything but sheer stupidity.

Honestly, this pipeline will ultimately be safer than many others that run over countless thousands of miles because of the heat that's being placed upon its building. I'm not in the industry, and I will never claim to know the ins and outs of laying pipeline such as this, however, there is a need for the pipeline to be built, the planning stages have been gone through, and now there is protest, I'd say that people are sour because they missed the boat. Until we can find a safe, reliable, and inexpensive energy source, oil and NG are it, that's the world we live in. No sense in sabotaging a pipeline that's already built.
              Well said.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

nobody was harmed in this failed terrorist action. sorry, calling bullshit on your whole argument if that's where you're starting.
                Ftfy

This was criminal behavior that put lives at risk trying to initiate a catastrophic incident, this was terrorism.

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expanded the definition of terrorism to cover ""domestic,"" as opposed to international, terrorism. A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act ""dangerous to human life"" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping.
                The only good that would have came out of this would have been had the line been pressurized and the culprits were turned into a pink smear.

Comment

Damn I am glad there is some common sense in this forum.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
                    ftfy

this was criminal behavior that put lives at risk trying to initiate a catastrophic incident, this was terrorism.

The only good that would have came out of this would have been had the line been pressurized and the culprits were turned into a pink smear.
                    +1

Comment

yeah, citing the fucking patriot act as justification for your argument is not likely to change my opinion.

if sabotage is a terrorist act, then violating a treaty is an act of war.
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

yeah, citing the fucking patriot act as justification for your argument is not likely to change my opinion.

So my plan will come true!!! :grin:

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

So a link to any other website hosting definitions would suffice? They all point in the same direction. What took place had that line been pressurized would have resulted in the equivalent of an environmental extremist false flag, the fabrication of catastrophe to further a failing agenda.

You should probably come to terms with how irrational your stance is when you have members of this forum who are on opposite ends of the political table both chiming in to denounce your thinking on this matter.

Comment

it's not the website, idiot. you're citing a law that should never have existed as justification for your argument. is it that hard for you to understand?
                            past:
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:

Comment

^ That defense ought to serve well in court. You can disagree with the law all you want, but the law is the law.

Sidenote.... I had a customer of mime who gets effluent irrigation water pumped directly into his irrigation system from a plant next door to irrigate his property. Long story short, the local utility krpt dropping the ball and forgetting to turn on transfer pumps at night. This utility is separated by a chain link fence from his property and he has a good relationship with the on site manager. One night before he went home he went into the utility property to make sure their pumps were on. Next mornimg he has two fbi agents in his office telling him what he did could be viewed as an act of terrorism. The govt has a wide berth with that stuff.

Comment

I am pretty sure the Patriot Act isn't the only law that could be used in court. So poo-pooing it as a "defense" isn't a defense. Intellectual dishonesty is bad.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Working...
                                X