This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlando

Brave, no ar15s would have had the atf show up and run them off the federal land al-la Nevada and Oregon. .... oh wait these are not white people, disregard.

Very, calculated politically motivated call. We know that after the regime change this decision is likely to be turned on its heels. But that is going to be very hard to do for the incoming admin, with looking like he's trying fuck those poor indians, and serve business interests. While the big O get to leave his mark as green, protector of the minorities, even though it's been done with compleat disrespect of the rules and regs that govern how this process happens. That is not how the media and the public will remember it.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-06-2016, 09:50 AM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

1. I dint think Trump will give 2 shits what the optics will be if he does change or influence the decision. The corps left it open by saying more studying of the impacts are needed. Not a closed case.

2. I also think Trump is more liberal and enviro leaning than he lets on. His administration will be one of juxtaposition I feel.

Yeah Orlando traffic is horrible. Blue hairs, mixed with tourists, mixed with some who very likely do not have a valid license makes for terrible commutes. I avoid the I4 corridor at all costs when going through the area. How long are you down for?

Comment

Yeah it's bad I4 only late nights, prolly be down here till feb/march, maybe longer if other crews want to go home 1st.

Yeah I agree about his dgaf. About opinions on it, the issue is how the rest of the country will see the optics of it all. We have a very small neich industry in regards to employees, with a massive spot light shown on us, being Monday morning quarterbacked by people that have not the faintest clue about what they are talking about, in general let alone the business it self.
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Orlando

Brave, no ar15s would have had the atf show up and run them off the federal land al-la Nevada and Oregon. .... oh wait these are not white people, disregard.
          you're so close to getting it some times but then you always miss right at the end.

the bundy's were not run off in nevada, the government backed down.
          the ending of the oregon takeover was 40 plus days after it started, hardly qualifies as being run off either.

Comment

And these idiots have been occuping federal land sucking up millions of state dollars in law enforcement for what nearly 6 months numbering into the 1000s vs 40 days and a couple dozen..... humm who's not getting what here

William Pitt-

Comment

my point was simply that armed protests seem to work nowadays. this would have been over weeks ago if they were armed.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                my point was simply that armed protests seem to work nowadays. this would have been over weeks ago if they were armed.
                I don't think you can claim that with much certainty. Speculation yes.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Ulysses and Sleeve...

sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Lol well played

its been that way for a long time I don't suspect it will change anytime soon

William Pitt-

Comment

I think its silly to draw comparisons between tribes and bundy's. Bundy's occupied a federal building by force with firearms because they were not getting enough land handouts for their dying business lol. Tribes didnt protest enough initially to keep their land and ask for pipelines to be put elsewhere.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

1 not their land, North of res boarder as recognized since 1889.

2 bundies were grazing cattle on federal land, not squatting a shanty town/refugee camp on it.....

Yes your right not comparable, but not in the way your trying to infer

And armed protesters would have wound up in a gun fight, when messing with pipeliners
                        Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-06-2016, 07:57 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                          I think its silly to draw comparisons between tribes and bundy's. Bundy's occupied a federal building by force with firearms because they were not getting enough land handouts for their dying business lol. Tribes didnt protest enough initially to keep their land and ask for pipelines to be put elsewhere.
                          I'm not actually trying to compare the two--it's commentary about what kind of circumstances sleeve will excuse as acceptable ways to protest.

Comment

Then why bring it into the conversation? ?

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                              if the protestors had shown up with ar15's this would have been done weeks ago
                              uhm, NO to that shit right away. it is a non-violent movement. "no weapons" was repeated multiple times in the veterans' op-order.

haven't heard back from buddy on the ground today. but i did hear that Drumpf just sold his stake in the owning petro company? anyone able to confirm/deny?
                              past:
                              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:
                              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Those events are completely unrelated issues, except in an historic discussion of the origins of land ownership. And it's not about a pipe, it's not about craftsmanship or welding or who we work for. A craftsman or -woman on a public works project is not there to "defend" it against anybody - they're employees, and should argue they don't have safe working conditions to finish the work. This is how contracts work.

It's at the basic level about the right to clean water (which happens to be in my State Constitution BTW, which is rare).

But this is really about control over other people's lives. Decisions are made way above their heads which affect their lives and their children's lives. The lives of people that the majority somehow have been taught (by whom?) to believe aren't as important as they are. When you look at it from a bit higher up, doesn't that look ridiculous? It's a clash between the values of different cultures who now live together.

All to save a few million bucks in distance on a multi-billion dollar project. They have value-engineered people's lives, just like cheaping out on safety equipment or training at 3 Mile Island nuclear plant, or cheaping out on storm walls in New Orleans.

"...Now flash back a few years to another Western standoff, the Nevada siege of Cliven Bundy, the deadbeat rancher who drew heavily armed white militia members to defend a man who stiffed the government while grazing his cattle on public land."

"Now consider what the Bundy brothers said they were fighting for when they took over the Malheur Wildlife Refuge by armed force earlier this year. They wanted the government to give up turf owned by every American and let a handful of white ranchers “come back and reclaim their land.” "

"This prompted collective whiplash from members of the Paiute Tribe, whose people have lived in the high desert of Oregon for centuries. “For them to say they want to give the land back to the rightful owners — well, I just had to laugh at that,” the tribal chairwoman, Charlotte Rodrique, said at the time."

"The Indian view is much more than P.C. revisionism, if you believe in the rule of law. A huge swath of the northern Plains was promised to bands of the Sioux in the Fort Laramie Treaty of 1868, one of the few times when Native Americans forced the government to terms after defeating it in war."

"The tribes lost much of that treaty land to intruders, backed by the Army. “A more ripe and rank case of dishonorable dealings will never, in all possibility, be found in our history,” the Supreme Court concluded in 1980."

- The New York Times

Not a Facebook post, not a tweet, not rumors or word-of-mouth, not cable tv news.

Comment

Working...
                                X