Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know a shop that will install AC on the e30? Talking about r134a retrofit. I know there are write ups but I don't have the time to do the research nor space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^Try jmp in Reseda.
      Originally posted by dvck
      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

So today was a clusterfuck... The multimeter I bought last week already blew a fuse ( my fault Im sure) so I bought 8 from Radio Shack and already blew half of them. Not sure wtf is going. Par for the course for me unfortunately... I hate electrical work...

Tomorrow, I will try to shadowline the car to make myself happy
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Please tell me you aren't using them to measure amps greater than 10...

Currently building a badass coffee table
          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I dont think my drain is more than 10 amps... Last time I tested it with my Dad (retired EE) we were around 60mA and around 20mA with the #21 fuse out. That fuse is blown and the replacement one I put in blew right away (~2 weeks ago) so I just left that one alone. Trying to see where its at now and Im clueless to this stuff, and havent had any luck...
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well it's blowing a fuse because there's a short; there's no (or less) resistance in the circuit for whatever reason, therefore the amperage spikes and blows the fuse.

Look up the wiring diagram for the circuit in question, follow the wire(s), and test the continuity between several points along the circuit. Narrow down the areas in which you do and don't get continuity, and then you shall find the short.

btw what does it mean to "shadowline" the car?

edit: An often forgotten but equally important aspect of electrical diagnosis is to check the entire circuit, from the source to the load and back to ground. This doesn't specifically apply to your situation, as your circuit is being grounded prematurely, but for future reference, some people forget the ground. And also, all connections must be Clean Tight Shiny Bright!
              Last edited by Chilezen; 04-20-2015, 03:03 AM.

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                So today was a clusterfuck... The multimeter I bought last week already blew a fuse ( my fault Im sure) so I bought 8 from Radio Shack and already blew half of them. Not sure wtf is going. Par for the course for me unfortunately... I hate electrical work...

Tomorrow, I will try to shadowline the car to make myself happy
                If you are blowing amp meters that quickly you are using them incorrectly

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

shadowlining is blacking out the gutters and window trim. Like how the 91 318s came from factory.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

So which of you guys is on the hunt for a new car now???

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
                    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Good morning
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Sup sup

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                          So which of you guys is on the hunt for a new car now???

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...J4Pan8.twitter
                          So close to my house

Comment

well I'm employed now
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

where and when did you start? and how is it going for you

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                                where and when did you start? and how is it going for you
                                i start next week sometime, its a barista job at a local shop thats going under new ownership, i like coffee a lot so I'm pretty jazzed
                                88 325is Five Speed
                                Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                                X