• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckin off idle: diff? tranny? common problem

89 325is
    z3 sifter
    JC chip
    redline in the 260 5 speed and 3.73 diff

my vert is super solid drives how a e30 should, smooth clutch, nice stiff pedal, no noise in the tranny at lights with clutch in or out.

my 325is bucks HARD when in gear and i apply Pressure to the throttle like... barely off idle, of going from decel to accel in gear( i do this really smoothly and it should not react the way it does, im in the correct gear, it will even do this in first and seems worse going down hill), there is a lot of slop in the drivetrain, mechanic said its prob the diff, also have a seriously loud tranny while the verts 260 is almost silent.

Guibo looks good, diff bushing is ok, tranny does ave a leak in the output shaft so I might be low on fluid, but it shouldnt cause it to do this
    I think it might be
    1. Throttle position sensor( after search)
    2. diff needs friction modifier
    3. RSM?
    4.sub frame bushings?

I really thing this is DRIVELINE RELATED though, Tranny,guibo, driveshaft or diff.

also clutch pedal is REALLY light, after drivin the vert(just got it) and getting back into the is I thought my MC had gone out the pedal was so light! spring?

for the record both cars have the same driveline, 260 and 3.73 LSD

This to me sounds more like an engine management issue than a drive line issue. Have an experienced BMW tech inspect the drive line just to be sure.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
      This to me sounds more like an engine management issue than a drive line issue. Have an experienced BMW tech inspect the drive line just to be sure.
      What gives you that idea?
      Stomp test gave no codes.

Comment

I changed my diff and tranny fluid today. DAMN! my trans only had about 3 onces of fluid and was FULL OF METAL BITS, the magnetic plug had about and inch of file on it. It has reall smoothed things out, just hope I did it right, bolt off then on then fill.

Comment

Working...
        X