Tranny rear cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tranny rear cover

My friend dropped this tranny (getrag 260) and broke one of the tranny mount tabs off.:down:, and he gave it to me.

SO, I want to replace the rear cover, how hard is it to replace? I have a donor tranny.

I've thought of drilling holes in the remaining material bolting on a small plate to extend the mount to original location, but i would like to try and replace it before i do a patch job. I don't like patch jobs.
    Last edited by blueapplesoda; 04-07-2008, 12:34 AM.

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
    PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

I got one that has just one outer tab missing. Still on the trans. I thought about running a oversized washer on it. I'm open to suggestions on how easy it is to replace the rear cover too! Can't be to difficult to source a used cover somewhere.
    Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

Any luck with this situation?
      Supatek -noun - your basic know it all

Comment

The rear section of the case carries all of the gears.

This is important to remember when using a press to separate the case. The large front section weighs only about 5lbs, while the rest of the 80lb transmission is going to be dropping out with small rear section.

I can't help with repairing broken tabs, unless you need advice on splitting the case on a donor transmission.

Comment

Ive welded the tabs back on. Distance is the problem
          sigpic

Comment

Can't you just slide off the rear case while letting the gears so attached to the front big part of the case? i did, just hoping i can get it back on now

Comment

Working...
            X