Gears won't engage! :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears won't engage! :-(

Alright so Thursday night after watching my buddies E39 get towed mine completely stopped going into gear two minutes after. I literally drove two blocks, stopped at a red light then the car wouldn't engage into gear. It just kept high reving but no kick. I tried turning off going into any gear but it wouldn't engage.

So I got the car towed home and figured it had to be the clutch master cylinder, since I replaced the slave cylinder last summer. So took about 5 hrs to get the sucker out pick up the part from Rohan and throw it back in. Okay so then I bleed the clutch line, put the car on solid ground AND NOTHING!! WTF!?! I then decided to bring it back up and try to bleed one more time, but thing time when closing the bleeder, i broke the nipple.
    I'm so damn frustrated right now and I have no fucking clue what this issue is. I'm going to find another slave and put that in and maybe, with the conbo of a new slave & master cylinder it might work. Or maybe I'm an idiot and bled the clutch wrong.

Someone please HELP!! I need suggestions of what to look for or dooo. :sad:
    Click here to leave me feedback on our transactions. :p

What does your clutch pedal feel like?
    1990 332i, 4 door
    2008 KTM 990 Superduke
    2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
    2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

bad slave or master cylnder? and I called you but no answer!
      '90 325is DD, 5 spd swap-H&R springs-Euro Headlight Fully Built OBD1 M54b30. Ox Blood interior, 3.46 LSD with Z3M Diff Cover. Custom shifter, every bushing replaced.
      '86 325e- Donor car for swap/parts car
      '00 323i- BBS 197s Totalted
      '89 740 turbo Volvo- Donated

Comment

The clutch pedal was very soft, so I changed my Clutch MC today. but that didn't solve the issue. I'm thinkg maybe my slave went out on me, even though it's pretty new. I think the rod in the slave is bad. And if that isn't it, then I'll be dragging it to Rohan's shop :-(

Well that is unless some more suggestions roll in and maybe they answer this issue. :-)

Comment

The dog teeth in the gears maybe the issue too. How old is the trans?

---
          I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.012162,-117.677555
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Stock tranny.

My car is a 1986 325e coupe 5 speed original not an auto to 5-speed swap. Car has about 195K miles on it.

Comment

Yeah, slowly giving up on trying to figure this out myself. I guess I'll have to bring in some professional help.

Comment

Working...
              X