No announcement yet.

What is this Panjo crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're 100% right. All of this is moot at the moment. And it will be a while/till James even needs to be bothered with this - I hope he isn't. I can't even imagine going home after a fun dinner to find everything I have gone.

But with that said, I don't hear anyone hear saying "R3v sucks! F- you guys!" it's quite the opposite. It's people saying "I really like r3v, I like this place! I want to stay here and I think the mod need to know this is a real issue that needs to change!" If people didn't care, they would just bounce. That's so not the case here. That's why there are 270 posts on this on thread.

(ignore my complaints about panjo - I have my own issues with their formatting as a seller)

As far as offsetting the cost, I don't think that's happened at all. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if panjo is paying more then 1/2 the cost of running r3v.

The other thing I hear is that Panjo relieves the mod from having to be the middle man on sour transactions. But,doesn't paypal already serve that function? Since they tend to side with the buyer, won't that keep most sellers on the up-and-up?

So what added value is panjo adding that paypal can't provide?
    Last edited by george graves; 03-15-2017, 06:17 AM.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      So what added value is panjo adding that paypal can't provide?
      I mostly agree with this statement - though I have had to educate some perspective buyers about why I don't prefer people to pay me as a "gift" via PP. I won't do it that way when I pay someone, because it doesn't protect the buyer or the seller. I'm willing to eat the transaction fee (it's a bargain compared to eBay's) just for the extra security.

The problems people have mentioned on here are minor. From a UI and code perspective, I have done bigger cleanups/changes in shorter time then it has seemed to take Panjo to address.

Panjo could please a lot of people if they would put some sort of priority on fixing these few issues:

-Make it more intuitive when posting to specific Forum (maybe not the last step and instead move it to the first step.)
      -allow cross posting between different Forums.
      -allow users to login with a normal login/pw combo.

Hell, just steal the Craigslist user interface for all I care. It may look like a UI circa 2000, but it works and is easier to navigate.

As Agent mentioned though, these are Panjo issues that no mod on here has any control over.

Luckily, worst case scenario, the community has found a way around it - so the reports of the r3v fs section demise are greatly exaggerated. :p
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I hate it, I will never post anything for sale here ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
          I hate it, I will never post anything for sale here ever again.
          agreed

Took something simple and made it a hassle to even list something for sale/WTB.
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            Luckily, worst case scenario, the community has found a way around it -
            What is this way around it you speak of?
            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
              What is this way around it you speak of?
              It's been discussed before and in other threads, revising and bumping old for sale threads of yours or using Tapatalk.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

You can also use Tapatalk, or post through Panjo then edit the thread to delete the panjo specific crap.
                My Garage
                2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I broke down the other day and tried to post via panjo since I have 3 g260s and some shifter parts for sale (hint hint). After it spent an hour "processing" my ad I gave up.

I have no objection to it providing revenue and freeing james from having to mediate FS bullshit on a free site.

Panjo just doesn't seem to work well..if it works at all.
                  Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                  Alice the Time Capsule
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                  87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                    I broke down the other day and tried to post via panjo since I have 3 g260s and some shifter parts for sale (hint hint). After it spent an hour "processing" my ad I gave up.

I have no objection to it providing revenue and freeing james from having to mediate FS bullshit on a free site.

Panjo just doesn't seem to work well..if it works at all.
                    Yup, just had this same thing happen to me except it was an ad for a whole car. Typed out 7 paragraphs of info and uploaded 10+ photos.

It's been processing for 25 minutes now.

Internet forums everywhere: PANJO is junk! Continuously trying to "fix" things that are wrong doesn't make it a good product!

Comment

ive had my issues with panjo. Posted in here before. Ended up changing my old FS thread to just say "F*** Panjo". Got an email from them justifying convolution. Utter bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Haystack View Post
                        Got an email from them justifying convolution. Utter bs.
                        What did they say?
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

How are poeple posting around panjo? I have alot of items for sale and I want to have the option of not using panjo.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                            How are poeple posting around panjo? I have alot of items for sale and I want to have the option of not using panjo.
                            Originally posted by stonea View Post
                            You can also use Tapatalk, or post through Panjo then edit the thread to delete the panjo specific crap.
                            My Garage
                            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

I've tried uploading with Panjo, and gave up.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

If you have bought items from me, please leave feedback below.
                              If you are a BUYER, Check My Feedback.:up:
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=183860

Check out my Euro Build Thread
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=215557

Comment

Panjo is a steaming pile of shit. I'm trying to make a listing from my phone and every method it sends me to panjo and then panjo crashes when I try to upload an image... and good luck trying to sell anything without a photo. Serious, who thought panjo was going to be a good idea? Maybe I should just post these items on ebay... need to clean out my garage, it's spring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

Working...
                                X