M50TUB25 vs S52B32 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50TUB25 vs S52B32 wiring

I'm debating dropping my obd2 dme and replacing it with a plug-in LinkECU G4+ but the unit they sell is designed for the M50TUB25 and I'm running an S52. I'm not afraid of opening up the main connector to re-pin if necessary and from what I see in the diagrams I may end up having to. The other option is to ditch completely the stock DME and do a full wire-in with a Vi-Pec V88 my friend is selling.

Does anyone know if an M50TUB25 uses the same overall DME and wiring harness as the OBD2 motors like my S52? I'm mostly concerned with the X6000 connector pinout which looks to be mostly the same, but I can't track down a TUB pinout anywhere to confirm. I can see for sure that the Link ecu has quite a few extras, example would be the stock DME is wired to fire injectors in banks of two and the link has an individual output for each injector and ignition coil.

I don't have AC, traction control, emissions, etc so I have plenty of extra pins yanked from my x6000 already and could move things around and add some where needed.

http://dealers.linkecu.com/E36Plus

Vi-Pec manual (before rebranding to Link lineup) for the G4+

1996 manual for e36 chassis (Page 104-107 for X6000 pinout)
    1990 332i, 4 door
    2008 KTM 990 Superduke
    2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
    2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

After talking with the Link support team we came to this. Looks like there's a pretty significant pinout difference between an e36 M50tu and an obd2 S52. His big concern is wether or not the plug is phsysically keyed differently and if it will even plug in. From what I can find online it looks like they are the same, and the same pin arrangement (physically) but I would have to bust open my connector and re-do almost all of it in addition to running new wires for all the extra things I'm after.

A bit of work but might provide a cleaner end result than if I switch to a full wire in. Bonus to the wire-in is it's easier to change up in the future (either to a different car/chassis, mount location or just in terms of the actual wires/pins themselves)
    Attached Files
    1990 332i, 4 door
    2008 KTM 990 Superduke
    2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
    2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Working...
    X