New e30 owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New e30 owner!

Hey guys, picked up my new to me e30 last night. She's a 91 318is. I'm coming from a turbo'd v6 so the m42 will take a little getting used to but I love it already.

The previous owner seemed to be a little savvy, it's lowered on something, has a short throw, and the smiley ellipsoids, although those look to be in rough shape.

Here she is, she's in decent shape for the age! Interior is mint aside from a crack in the dash and steering wheel.

Onto this.. it was wired for HIDs at one point. Idk wtf happened down there but this is what it looks like now.. adjusted with zipties and sealed with bottle caps? What do I need to fix this? I did a bit of reading and couldn't find a clear answer but I also don't know what I'm missing. Also the wiring looks absolutely mangled but I'm assuming this is just how the HIDs are to be wired in (although I'm missing a ballast) and the owner just did a less than clean job.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of the team and have big plans for this little guy!

Love the 318is (same car as me, also my first e30)! The m42 definitely doesn't have a lot of kick but hey, it's an e30, who's complaining?
    -Experience is what you have right after you need it

sigpic

Comment

i love those wheels
      M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

i would be more worried about rust then a zip tie. just seeing that surface rust in the engine bay makes me assume theres a lot more hiding

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
        1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
        1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
        1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
        1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
        1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
        Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
        1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
        1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
        X