Euro Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Trip

Hey everyone, I’m planning a trip to Europe next month. I’m primarily going to England, Germany, Italy, and Spain. While in Germany I want to visit the BMW museum and I would love to rent a BMW and do some driving on the autobahn and some twisties through the Alps. Please let me know if anyone lives in the area or has contacts that might be able to help me arrange this.

Thanks in advance,
    Alexei

I wish I could go with you... :(
    Big Brain- "The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving earth for no raison!"

- California Certified Smog Technician -

Comment

What are you planning to do in the UK?

94 316i Touring M52B28
      Made in Germany perfected in Britain!

Comment

Hi Alexei,

Here is a link to a thread on my European vacation last year - maybe
        this can give you some ideas and info:

Just send me a pm if you have questions.
        Thordur

1999 E39 M5 Twin Supercharged
        1989 E30 M3 with S85

Comment

I'm not sure yet... I might be staying a few days in London if my cousin’s flat is available.
          Originally posted by eko View Post

Thanks for the link I will definitely check it out.
          Originally posted by bimmer View Post
          Hi Alexei,

Here is a link to a thread on my European vacation last year - maybe
          this can give you some ideas and info:

Just send me a pm if you have questions.

Comment

I did the europe trip last year. it will be the time of your life. Unfortunately i wasnt old enought rent a car in any country due to the age limit. Only thing I did was cruise up to Monaco on a rental 50cc scooter with my girlfriend on the back beating me every second to slow down. It was awesome though

If you go to London budget a lot of money. Definetly the most expensive place in europe. At least from my experience. But I geuss it would help if you have family there.

You should check out Paris or southern France if you get a chance, the cote d'azur (southern coast of France) is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.
            Photoshop by O 16581 72452 5

Comment

I spent a month in Germany last year. Definetly a blast. The best stuff happened in southern Germany, so I'd suggest staying around there. Start off west on the Ring and make your way east to Munich and other bavarian spots.

If you have any questions of what to do in what city, I could probably give some pointers. I was at many different cities.
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Well I don't exactly know yet... but I'm here... I met up with the family and got settled in, now I'm just hanging out in the Soho area checking out the pubs. I think tomorrow I might go on the Big Bus tour then try to fit in some walking tours to get to know the lay of the town. After that I want to see the Tower of London, see a few museums and tour the Tower Bridge (I used to build Bridges so I think it would be cool). If your near London we should try to meet up. I would love to see some euro e30's while I'm over here.
                Originally posted by eko View Post
                Up dated itinerary:

London 5/10 - 5/15 fly to Rome, Eurail to Florance 5/17 rent car for 2 days and drive Tuscany, Eurail to Milan 5/19. Then it gets fuzzy as I travel east to Venice then north through Austria to Vienna then to Prague. Arrive in Frankfurt 6/1, loop south through Stuttgart, Munich and Nuremberg and back to Frankfurt by 6/8. Head west to Rimes for a day, next morning a train to Paris and a flight or the Chunnel back to London that afternoon. Leave London for Miami on 6/11 and back to Portland 6/15.

As stated above I'd love to check out some e30's while I'm on my trip so if anyone is near my "proposed" course of travel and might like to meet up let me know.

Comment

I'm going to school in Hamburg until August, which is not close to southern Germany (where the BMW museum is), but if you come up to my parts let me know. I'll buy you a drink or something.

Board members that are in Germany (that I know of) are:
                  • Mike Edler
                  • Yan-3

Send them a message or something. They will probably be happy to talk to you.

Comment

Thanks
                    Originally posted by kommissar View Post
                    I'm going to school in Hamburg until August, which is not close to southern Germany (where the BMW museum is), but if you come up to my parts let me know. I'll buy you a drink or something.

Board members that are in Germany (that I know of) are:
                    • Mike Edler
                    • Yan-3

Send them a message or something. They will probably be happy to talk to you.

Comment

you are more than welcome to stay at my place for a day or 2 if youd like. I could show you a few things around here. I am about 2to3 hours from Munich. and I am about 35 minutes from Nuernburg.
                      pm me if you want my tel. nr. I am not sure how my schedule is, but sure we can work something out.
                      Last edited by mikeedler; 05-10-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Get drunk with your sister and make out with her...(oh, sorry that was a movie...)
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I will actually be traveling through Germany with my Dad so there would be 2 of us... I wouldn't want to inconvenience you but but it would be awesome to have a local show us around the area.
                          Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                          you are more than welcome to stay at my place for a day or 2 if youd like. I could show you a few things around here. I am about 2to3 hours from Munich. and I am about 35 minutes from Nuernburg.
                          pm me if you want my tel. nr. I am not sure how my schedule is, but sure we can work something out.
                          Ahh absanth... good thing I'm an only child ;)
                          Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Get drunk with your sister and make out with her...(oh, sorry that was a movie...)

Comment

Working...
                          X