Painted wheels and new top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted wheels and new top

I recently replaced my 14" basket weaves with a set of 17" ASA Revolution wheels. I felt a little buyers remorse or an unsettling feeling about the wheels and asked r3vlimited for advice. I listened to good advice from a member that suggested painting them white, converting to studs and 20mm spacers. So far I painted the wheels white and hand painted the fake two piece bolts black. I can only assume that the stud conversion and spacers will complement the wheels even more.
    As far as "new top", I treated my z3 with a burgundy top matching the interior.

Before.......

After paint......

z3 before.......

z3 after........

I want both of your cars
    sigpic
    benvideoproductions.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=617yNrOrRfo&

Comment

I really like your z3's burgandy top. For some reason lately, I've been wanting to get a z3m roadster....i never really liked them until recently for some reason.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Those wheels look a lot better! Spacers will really look good.

The z3 looks sweet, does it ride anything like the e30? I know a few things in it were inspired by the e30 like its suspension.

By the way I think it would look awesome if you got a Burgundy/red pin stripe around your rims on the z3 to bring everything together.

Comment

Originally posted by makeshift View Post
          Those wheels look a lot better! Spacers will really look good.

The z3 looks sweet, does it ride anything like the e30? I know a few things in it were inspired by the e30 like its suspension.

By the way I think it would look awesome if you got a Burgundy/red pin stripe around your rims on the z3 to bring everything together.
          The z's handling is different than the e30. The tight steering and short shifter are great. I see why people swap these into e30's. The burgandy strip on the wheels is good idea but I think that fad is over and may look out dated. I am thinking of ways to bring the top out more though.

Comment

I just picked up these rims locally for a steal. Im a little worried on ride though. NE Pennsylvania is riddled with shitty roads. How do they ride on your e30? I also got the spacers and extended lugs.

Comment

Shifter

does the shifter on the Z3 really feels the same on the E30?

Most complain that the Z3M shifter (the shortest) is hard to shift on an E30. You need a sledge hammer to get it into 1st gear!

But I cant imagine this being the quality shift on a Z3M vehicle.

Has anyone driving both car with the same shifter?

I have read some threads where the owners put back the stock shifter because it was a pain to drive.

Edit: Did you paint the wheels yourself? Cost?
              Last edited by Javier h; 09-20-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

they both look great..
                sigpic

Comment

Z3 sweet top!
                  Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

I like em both!
                    My previous build (currently E30-less)
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Love both cars!
                      sigpic
                      1991 318is Alpinweiß II M42

2013 VW Golf R Candy White

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Comment

Working...
                      X