Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castro Motorspots, you would have to be high as hell to go here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Again, no. A sticking caliper doesn't cause a soft pedal, and a soft pedal is NOT a fault, but a symptom of another fault. Also, a sticking caliper is cause by nothing other than a seized piston or sliders. It is not possible for any of the 3 causes of a soft pedal to contribute to uneven brake wear.

Air in lines
    Leak
    Master cylinder.

That's it, nothing else will cause a soft pedal, and a soft pedal will not cause a caliper to stick.. What you are stating happened to you, didn't. You misdiagnosed your issue.

By giving the explanation that his sticking caliper had caused his soft pedal you are indicating that you have no idea how a hydraulic system operates. Either that of you were relying on the hope that the customer lacks the knowledge. This is kind of worrysome.

Edit for cleanliness.
    As an engineer I approve this message
    "I wanna see da boat movie"
    "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
      What happened to the car
      +1

Did you just post that here to try and make everyone sorry for you or are you trying to hint that something Chris did to your car caused you to crash?

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
      Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
        What happened to the car

Comment

Originally posted by torqueflight View Post
          I could fix it myself for a couple hundred

Comment

Originally posted by torqueflight View Post
            The car is now totaled. There will definitely be an empty place in my heart for the rest of my life for that car but Im glad to be leaving the scene and happy to never have to deal with situations like these anymore. Good luck with everything Chris.
            Hahaha, differences in totaled.
            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

It's hard to type something up without sounding like a dick.

If you're going to go to a shop, drop off the car say what you want/need and pick it up when its done; if there are issues contact the shop to correct them.

Not only is it good practice and manners but it's common sense.

It's hard for shops to work with DIY'ers, hell I wouldn't do it. Not in todays society where everyone thinks that they can tackle something because they saw a youtube video. Chris continues to do it for the love of the cars, culture and people around these cars.

If you want to do something yourself, do it, but do it all the way.

Think about the times you try to install a stereo and have to try to figure out what the PO did, and untangle the mess.

Not only for Castro Motorsport but every other independent shop, It's too easy to go online now and yelp or blast on the forums, way too easy.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X