Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang.

Comment

Damn. Someone set up a GoFundMe, I'd be willing to donate a bit.
      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

The last update I saw on FB was last night saying that they were able to recover a few things but overall it's a total loss. No sign of his cat, hopefully he made it out!

Didn't James have this site hosted on servers at his house? How are we still up and running?

I will look into a GoFundMe.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

No, James runs some sort of tech/web services company. I'm pretty sure he pays for the site to be hosted in a datacenter, it's not run out of his house (maybe it was once, but that was ages ago).
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            No, James runs some sort of tech/web services company. I'm pretty sure he pays for the site to be hosted in a datacenter, it's not run out of his house (maybe it was once, but that was ages ago).
            Site lives at a datacenter as you said, so nothing of major importance was lost other than a few files I was working on.

At one point early early early R3V was hosted from my home, but only for transitional efforts.

Comment

Thank you everyone. its been a tough 36 hours but we are slowly moving forward. Its rather eye opening going from a homestead to nothing in 2 short hours. I'm borrowing a laptop, staying at a friends house and have literally been on the phone 99% of the time dealing with insurance companies, fire investigators, vendors (internet services), dealerships, locksmiths (all the keys burned up), and the occasional shopping to by basic things such as clothing and toothpaste.

The house is a goner, we got a few things out (not much), Max is still missing but we have not found him so I'm crossing my fingers he got out.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                Thank you everyone. its been a tough 36 hours but we are slowly moving forward. Its rather eye opening going from a homestead to nothing in 2 short hours. I'm borrowing a laptop, staying at a friends house and have literally been on the phone 99% of the time dealing with insurance companies, fire investigators, vendors (internet services), dealerships, locksmiths (all the keys burned up), and the occasional shopping to by basic things such as clothing and toothpaste.

The house is a goner, we got a few things out (not much), Max is still missing but we have not found him so I'm crossing my fingers he got out.

Let us know if there is anything the r3v community can do. Such a horrible thing. I hope your cat was able to get out and shows up at a neighbors place or something.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Sorry to hear, all the best moving on.

Comment

Not sure who set it up, but there's a GoFundMe for James making the rounds on Facebook.

If you've learned anything through this site, met anyone through this site, bought or sold cars and or parts through this site, now would be a good time to donate a bit and say thank you for everything R3v has become.

Please check the URL and try again or, alternatively, you can browse fundraisers currently receiving the most donations worldwide below.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                      Not sure who set it up, but there's a GoFundMe for James making the rounds on Facebook.

If you've learned anything through this site, met anyone through this site, bought or sold cars and or parts through this site, now would be a good time to donate a bit and say thank you for everything R3v has become.

https://www.gofundme.com/mvc.php?rou...%20crevellione
                      I was the one that set it up. Its the least I can do at the moment.
                      M3 springs w/bilstein hd's, IE 22/19mm sway bars, front IE stress bar, complete suspension rebuild, IS interior.
                      Crew chief for BBQ2U Racing: James Crivellone, John Parker, Chris Anderson, Ben Wilson, George Howe, Will Kellog, Jim Cissell
                      BBQ2U Racing, Best of Intentions Racing

Comment

This is terrible news.
                        James, I'm so sorry this has happened.

Thankfully you were not harmed in the fire!

I wish you the best of luck dealing with insurance.
                        Please let the r3v community know if there is anything we can do specifically to help.

Comment

This is a true tragedy, James. I'm sure R3v and myself included will do our best to get you back in full force.
                          sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                          1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                          1991 318is - Sold
                          1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Will put some money in as soon as I get paid next week

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Looks like we hit the $10k goal and then some! Way to come out and show support! Awesome community we have here.

A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Working...
                              X