No announcement yet.

1990 325is LS1 swap photo blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where in WI are you? I would love to see this car in person one day, looks well done, congrats

Comment

Eau Claire, I went to the fall cruise with wibimmers last year. Thank you sir....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick_08 View Post
        Honestly, I will when the one ear breaks. I've never heard of it actually breaking. Although I see enough people on the forums adding the second ear...maybe there's a reason?Appreciate the comment!

I was searching around for some info for my own swap last night, and found mention in a thread of someone breaking the one ear. I honestly think it's best to go ahead and do it, probably easier to do a 2nd ear than do a 2nd ear plus repair torn sheet metal.

I don't have the link though, forget what I was searching for :-?

Comment

I haven't yet broken the diff ear on my v8 swap in 35k miles, but I did tear the sheet metal on the square frame rail that the tabs for the diff mount are welded to. However, I have a chronic issue of the 4 diff bolts coming loose, so I imagine that didn't help.

Just something to think about, and keep an eye on, while you wait for your diff cover to break :)
          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Damn JGood! Thanks for sharing. It baffles me to think the rear subframe flexes enough to actually tear the rear diff mount like that. Maybe I'll do a second mount if I end up cutting out part of the spare tire well for a second muffler.

-Nick

Comment

This is "Untitled" by Nick on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

-Nick

Comment

Nice! (I suggest you get a new cameraman ;) )

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                X