M50 - G260 Shifter Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. I have a M50 G260 combo the PO put in. The shifter felt like shit so i decided to swap the bushing/DSSR and put a proper tranny brace in.

I am now trying to put the tranny brace back in but the shifter arm is not lining up with the hole. Weird thing is with the old brace in it sat pretty much dead center... Shaped back to the old branch and am still having the same problem. Any ideas how i can shift this thing to the driver side????

do you have a dssr with a ~10º twist? you're suppost to need one for this setup

Comment

Maybe it's the pic, but the back of the trans looks to be to the right. Did you test fit the brace and did the holes line up?
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by trout View Post
        do you have a dssr with a ~10º twist? you're suppost to need one for this setup
        Yes, I am using a UUC twisted DSSR. My main problem is that the trans is over to the right so the shifter arm does not line up with the hole for the shifter

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
          Maybe it's the pic, but the back of the trans looks to be to the right. Did you test fit the brace and did the holes line up?
          The brace goes on. Not sure what you mean by aligned with he holes though, The trans brace mounts to the body through these bolts that have the ability to slide in the rails.

I had the car jacked up and leaning to the passenger side (the side its tilted to) for about 1.5 weeks with the exhaust just hanging off the headers. Any chance this shifted the motor/trans to the right?

Comment

Very possibly, and why I asked. Maybe text didn't portray my thought correctly, but it looks to me the rear of the trans is shifted over to the right and that all the mounting holes wouldn't line up unless pulled over (which might fix your issue).
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

I can't see the pictures, is it possible your motor mounts are in wrong?

I put mine in wrong once and shredded a ton of guibos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                I can't see the pictures, is it possible your motor mounts are in wrong?

I put mine in wrong once and shredded a ton of guibos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                How did you put your mounts in wrong??

Comment

Working...
                X