What's this and why is it leaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's this and why is it leaking?

It sits below the intake on the driver's side.... It's leaking coolant.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

That is the C191 connector.

The leak is not from there, it has no coolant.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Check the Throttle body heater hoses above it? Also, clean out that connector while your there. Mine was nasty and led to erratic power to my injectors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      For Sale Thread:https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...15#post4901315

Comment

Thank you both.. Probably maybe why my temp gauge isn't accurate and coolant sensor light is constantly on....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

You should open that connector and clean it out with contact cleaner and wiggle it around while running to check for connection problems. The c191 connector is notorious for corrosion which leads to all sorts of electrical gremlins that are a PITA to track down sometimes. Intermittent injector firing, erratic/false coolant temp gauge, etc.

The problem was/is so prevalent that BMW put out a service bulletin informing people the way to fix the problem was to drill a small hole in the rubber boot on the lower harness in order for water to be able to escape and not pool.
          P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

The c191 seems intact and dry.... How does it come off..?
            Secondly.. Please look at the picture.. I found a connector unattached.... It attaches to this in the picture.... You can see the 3 prongs.. Front of engine below alternator....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Here are the pics.
              Please and thanks for the info

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

cant be 100% sure from those pictures but i think thats the oil level sensor for the check control
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I have reconnected it.... The engine oil light remains on.... On the check panel.... Hmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by chefpeterlevine View Post
                    The c191 seems intact and dry.... How does it come off..?
                    Secondly.. Please look at the picture.. I found a connector unattached.... It attaches to this in the picture.... You can see the 3 prongs.. Front of engine below alternator....

The c191 connector is a twist lock connector.

This is one apart with corrosion on the terminals.

It can be a beast to remove due to location. I remove my intake boot and AFM, etc. to get enough room to get both hands on it to twist the upper and lower sections apart. Normal lefty loosey righty tighty.
                    P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

i'll be replacing the coolant sensor... the check light remains on and well as the engine oil check light... both are full... engine temp gauge never goes past cold, occasionally bounces up to mid line then back... do you think this is due to some loose connections or nuts in the back of the cluster?
                      pulling it this weekend to replace all the lights
                      thanks
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I don't know if the sensor was good or not but after I replaced it I still had the CEL for coolant sensor until I cleaned that plug fully.

If I had it to do over, I'd clean the plugs first, replace parts later.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Working...
                        X