No announcement yet.

Boat owners, check in here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seattle Sailing Club will allow you to rent their 27' C&C's.
    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Some fantastic big boat shots above! And a 1947 Thistle...?! Wow.

I try to race one of these....

Click image for larger version

Name:	loose Laser.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	7183973

Name:	MG upwind.jpg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	7183974

dr crash.pdf

One time a bunch of us were invited to sail one of these boats below, the Nor’Easter, in a big breeze at sunset on Flathead Lake in NW Montana. This boat, and her sister the Questa, are the only two "Q-boats" designed by Herreshoff. They are both based at a big lodge / dude ranch sort of place on the east shore of Flathead. Guests get to ride on them.

We had a contact there, and after pulling her out of the slip, the guy just let us have at it. Jibed it at 10 knots hull speed or so, stern wave came right up into the cockpit. We had the best time. To feel a boat that big take off and accelerate is really something.

Name:	averills-flathead-lake-lodge-sailing.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	7183976

Comment

Putting a big boat in a lake...this is the Nor'Easter. I think it's 61', beam of only 8'.

I was told they found the biggest crane in western MT.
        [ATTACH]105137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105138[/ATTACH]

Comment

No pictures of the boat, but its a 1997 Bayliner Capri with a Force (*yeah yeah*) 120 OB. Its the Kia of boats, but it lives at the lake, starts when I need it to start, pulls me on the wakeboard and is very low maintenance. I'll run it until she explodes.

On the PWC side of things I spend a LOT of time on the Puget Sound, riding 10 - 80 miles in a weekend. We also ride year round without concern for weather/temp

Have two at the moment (although I have two Kawasaki 750SS's that need engines)

My main rider is a 2015 Seadoo Spark 2UP ACE, still stock, no trim, nothing fancy, does 40+ MPH all day (its tough on the sea as its so damn small, 3 - 6 foot swells really take some effort to get through, dealt with those yesterday)

Its super turn key, closed loop cooling, 4 stroke, drysump, great little ski

I may chip it to 105HP and 50+ MPH, but its not needed at the moment.

Also have a 2000 Seadoo GTI Rotax 3 Seater 2 Stroke that lives at the lake, but occasionally finds its way on the Puget Sound
          Attached Files

Comment

Oh and as I see larger ships on here, a friend of mine (former boss) has this as his live aboard / yacht.. its amazing + original propulsion.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wut a life...a REAL tugboat.

Comment

A tugboat is definitely my dream boat. For now I own a 1968 Alcort Sunfish. Barely counts as a boat, but it's a lot of fun. I highly recommend it if you want to get into sailing for the monetary equivalent of peanuts. Can't argue with a yearly $15 maintenance cost and $0 fuel consumption.
                Last edited by RedTeam; 02-22-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post

[ATTACH]105133[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105134[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105135[/ATTACH]

One time a bunch of us were invited to sail one of these boats below, the Nor’Easter, in a big breeze at sunset on Flathead Lake in NW Montana. This boat, and her sister the Questa, are the only two "Q-boats" designed by Herreshoff. They are both based at a big lodge / dude ranch sort of place on the east shore of Flathead. Guests get to ride on them.

We had a contact there, and after pulling her out of the slip, the guy just let us have at it. Jibed it at 10 knots hull speed or so, stern wave came right up into the cockpit. We had the best time. To feel a boat that big take off and accelerate is really something.

[ATTACH]105136[/ATTACH]
                  I love Herreshoff boats. The lines on them are almost always perfect. The race boats they designed and built are stunning. Nathaniel Herreshoff was a master.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Putting a big boat in a lake...this is the Nor'Easter. I think it's 61', beam of only 8'.

I was told they found the biggest crane in western MT.
                    [ATTACH]105137[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]105138[/ATTACH]
                    Not the largest by any means, but the largest locally for a truck crane. I assume they are dropping that into Flathead lake, since I am 99% sure that crane service and unit is based out of my home town.....
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      I love Herreshoff boats. The lines on them are almost always perfect. The race boats they designed and built are stunning. Nathaniel Herreshoff was a master.

Will
                      Totally agree. The Questa is a traditional fantail, the Nor'Easter is a canoe stern. Both just beautiful boats, narrow and sleek. I think from the early 20s. They have a boat shed right there in the trees, and have been restoring them gradually over the winters for years. It's pretty cool that he sought them out and bought both of them. And a lucky chance for us - locals don't really get to sail on them, it's just lodge guests.

Comment

Lasers are awesome. And you know what they say, "A man's skill as a sailor is inversely proportionate to the size of his dinghy."
                        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                          "A man's skill as a sailor is inversely proportionate to the size of his dinghy."
                          That's funny!

Well, I spend a fair amount of time upside down and disoriented!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerta View Post
                            Seattle Sailing Club will allow you to rent their 27' C&C's.
                            Hey, I know somebody from there. Call Scott Galbraith, nice guy, great sailor...

Comment

Some of the sailboats are pretty awesome!

Here's my Malibu:

1996 Sunsetter LX.

Nice all-round ski/wakeboard direct drive. Has the monsoon 320, more horsepower than my e30 and my wife's car combined. We live by the lake and spend several evenings a week in the spring/summer/fall on the water.

Comment

I like lakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X